• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Training with a group

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had seen Manny Pacquiao in one of his training sessions while I was on vacation in Baguio City, that cool place atop the mountain range. Pacquiao had an entourage of more than 10 people running with him in the vicinity of Teacher’s Camp, a government facility with boarding houses. One in the entourage said that Pacquiao prefers to run with a big company so he doesn’t get bored. But the trick that Pacquiao plays on then (his companions) is that after 30 minutes of running, Pacquiao would speed up the pace and leave behind everyone. And the finish line, they would be panting while Pacquiao would be laughing while shadow boxing.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Group training is beneficial because we get more motivation, we can compete while training, but at a certain time we need to get specific training direct to what's best to us.

P

Pharmacom

Group training good as diversity

Torres

Torres

I can't train with a big group !!! I mean if it happens then so be it, but I rather train alone , w/ the occassional spotter if needed !!!!
But def give me my music , my pre workout , and it's on !!!
Plus this way I get more done in less time . I see groups of dudes working out , they train their jaws more than they train their bodies !!!

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Training in a group is the way to go if you need spotters, coaching, etc. in the gym. Likewise for team sports, you absolutely need a group for regular & consistent practice lol

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A good reason to train in a group, is that you become accountable because one of the hardest parts of getting in shape, is completing your workouts. Most people say they will stick to their workouts, but how many people actually do it, so reliable workout buddies can increase your chances of sticking to your training.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exactly, when you workout with your group, they are definitely bound to drag you with them on daily basis even if you are losing interest in the exercise, they will pressure you to never quit unlike what happens when you workout alone. Quitting is just one thought away.