• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is running sprint beneficial to an athlete?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Majority of athletes need to run. Aside from the fighters, basketball players, volleyball players and even Karatekas and Tae kwon do practitioners run or jog to build up stamina. But I sometimes see some athlete in training who would be doing a sprint at the end of their run. Is that sprint run just a whim or is it really necessary? What is the benefit that one gets in doing a sprint run? I think that’s only for the short distance runners. Am I right on this that athletes in training don’t need to run a sprint?

P

Pharmacom

Sprint at the end of the run allows you to use a resource that you did not even know about

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They say that this is a faster way of getting fit, and short intensity sprint workouts improve aerobic capacity and endurance in about half the time of traditional endurance exercise, so it could be beneficial to most athletes.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Of course yes, it's very beneficial to an athlete. I'm very sure that you are familiar with Usian Bolt? He has made a great name for himself in sprinting. As he is called fastest man alive on earth.