• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Daily exercise vs 3 times a week

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t approve of the daily exercise because I think the muscles are abused particularly if your exercise is strenuous like when in the gym for a workout. It is also not good when you are lifting weights for you have to give your muscles enough time to recuperate. Exercising every other day is the best frequency of a workout for me and I am comfortable with it. Besides, it’s fun to wake up when you know that you don’t need to exercise. At least you have more time for your morning ritual.

P

Pharmacom

For an athlete who does not use anabolic steroids 3-4 trainings per week is enough.
Athletes who consume anabolic steroids can train up to 2 times a day, because anobolic steroids accelerate the processes in the athlete's body, and most importantly the recovery process

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For an athlete who does not use anabolic steroids 3-4 trainings per week is enough.
Athletes who consume anabolic steroids can train up to 2 times a day, because anobolic steroids accelerate the processes in the athlete's body, and most importantly the recovery process

Now that is a very useful pieve of information. I wasn't aware that there existed the differences between steroid users vs non users.

However, I do agree that body needs time to regenerate and repair. So, daily exercise may be okay for Yoga and aerobic employers.

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this really depends on your goals and what you can get into a week. I try to hit each body part 2 times a week. If I wanted to I could accomplish this in 7 days or in 2 days but I have to hit those body parts no matter what. Also I try to get in 2 hours of cardio. Sometimes that can mean 4 days of 30 minutes or 2 days of 1 hour or 1 day of 2 hours. Whether on steroids or not if you wish the have the physical aesthetics, and strength and endurance it still requires putting the work in and planning according to your situation.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the body needs exersize every day as long as you switch muscle groups.

P

Pharmacom

If you do not consume anabolic steroids, but still want to train every day, you can alternate strength training and cardio

Now that is a very useful pieve of information. I wasn't aware that there existed the differences between steroid users vs non users.

However, I do agree that body needs time to regenerate and repair. So, daily exercise may be okay for Yoga and aerobic employers.

A

Ardere

I do 3X a week workout and 2X a week cardio plus abs, then weekend rest.

R

remnant

Banned
I suppose there is a certain discouraging dread associated with the
grind of daily exercise which I can ill afford to ignore. I have had
the opportunity to be in such situations and the lag of the previous
day's exercise is still very much alive in the form of bruised or
inflamed ligaments and muscles. Thus, spacing is a good strategy.
However, not spacing allows one to develop muscle mass and hardiness
more quickly and what seemed to be a daunting challenge is replaced by
more intense regimens.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess one size does not fit all, but if it's lifting weights, you should do that more like 3 days a week, however it would be ok to weight train on consecutive days if you are training different parts of the body everyday.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depending on how much time you have to put yourself through with daily exercise is what determines whether you choose it over working out 3 times in a week.

But normally, I would choose to workout 3 times in a week in order to have my body recover well before going at it again.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
C

Concentrix

I agree with you. It requires time to regenerate and repair the damaged fibers. Anatomically, when the muscle is damaged from an intense workout, the muscle cells divide and fuse with the existing muscle fibers. Not allowing the muscle to repair itself might cause an unexpected injury.