• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

A New Mr. Spartanburg at the 22nd Carolina Supernatural Bodybuilding and Physique

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By Rob Moore, For the Herald-Journal

Spartneburg

A new face was crowned Mr. Spartanburg on Saturday night, while a familiar one reclaimed Ms. Spartanburg status.

Terence Miller won the Mr. Spartanburg competition at the 22nd Carolina Supernatural Bodybuilding and Physique event at Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium. Miller is a first-time winner of the title. Miller also finished second in the men’s open light-heavyweight division.

Meanwhile, Amy Beach was named Ms. Spartanburg. It marked Beach’s fourth title. She also finished second in the women’s heavyweight (115¼ and up) division.

For Miller, who trains out of Iron House Fitness, the title was the culmination of a goal and plenty of work.

“It was a huge, uplifting feeling for all the hard work. To hear my name called, it showed tonight,” he said.

Miller, who has been bodybuilding for 7½ years, said the title was proof that if someone has a goal, it can be achieved with the right work.

“If you have a goal, pursue it,” he said. “There may be hardships, but if you keep fighting you’ll get your just rewards. I’m a true believer.”

For Beach, who won Ms. Spartanburg in 2009, 2010 and 2011, the title marked a triumphant return to the event.

She said she had stayed away for six years because she was “burned out,” but was convinced to return to the competition.

“It was pretty great,” said Beach, who trains at Nautilus Fitness Center. “I ran into John (Lankford, owner of Nautilus) at the grocery store. He said I needed to get back there.”

She said she talked about it with her husband and got a new gym membership for Mother’s Day. It worked out well.

“I enjoy going to the gym. It’s just a great group of people there,” she said.

Cedric Talley of Greenville, who trains at Tin Star Fitness, won the men’s overall open title.

“I never imagined being a professional bodybuilder. I thank God for all the people around me,” he said. “I’m thankful for the good wisdom around me, the good teachers, my family, friends, gym family (and) church family.”

Nancy Lux, who won the women’s heavyweight division, won the women’s open overall title. Lux, who has been a cyclist and bike racer, wanted to explore bodybuilding competitions.

“It’s been a great journey,” said Lux, who’s from Waynesville, N.C., and trains at Underdog Fitness and Performance with Anthony Tiller in Asheville. “It was a goal of mine to get into bodybuilding competitions. I turned 50 last year and thought it’s now or never. It’s been a wonderful experience. It exceeded expectations.”

The event featured a tribute to Spartanburg Master Police Officer Jason Harris, who died in April because of injuries sustained in a crash while on duty. Harris was a competitor in the 2016 Supernatural.

Source: http://www.goupstate.com/sports/20170617/miller-takes-first-title-beach-returns-for-fourth-win

K

Kevin Brian

Banned
Good muscle man. Looks so nice.