• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

More protein during a workout

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you are doing a workout, it is advised by a dietitian to have more protein in your diet for faster buildup of muscles. That may be the reason why athletes feast on beef and other meats during the training because they need the muscles to show for their workout. Especially boxers, boiled beef for protein is their choice. But don’t forget that eggs can also supply the body with the needed protein.

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Protein DURING a workout does very little for overall performance while in the gym. What you want to do is place most of your protein intake POST workout, with only a small portion of it being consumed PRE workout. There is no point to taking protein intra-workout and will just cause digestive issues at worst.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was thinking the same thing musclebear.

Torres

Torres

Personally I can't eat before the gym !!! I'll take a pre workout , but that's it !!! It just gets me to the point where I feel full and I get lazy and lethargic . Intros workout I'll drink water . Post workout I'm taking in a weight gainer shake W/ a scoop of Whey Isolate protein and I'm good until I eat my last meal !!!

K

Kevin Brian

Banned
it is mandatory to dieting while building muscle?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I go to the gym at around 5pm and I eat a heavy lunch at 12-1 pm and a light snack at about 3pm after which I proceed to my workout. I don't eat right before a workout, I make it a point to take my last meal about 2 hours before my workout, I guess it's because you can't really have a good workout while stuffed.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would suggest to focus on a few things before your workout, including some foods with low fat, moderate in carbs and protein, and low fiber as well. A grilled chicken sandwich or slice of cheese pizza would be a good pre-workout meal, but stay away from fried foods, like greasy burgers. Make sure to drink plenty of water during your exercise, or a sports drink if you go for more than a hour.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Protein DURING a workout does very little for overall performance while in the gym. What you want to do is place most of your protein intake POST workout, with only a small portion of it being consumed PRE workout. There is no point to taking protein intra-workout and will just cause digestive issues at worst.

Yep, I agree with this, protein during the workout will not enhance the training, it has to be taken after to build muscle.