• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Soup bones for protein

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is not to look down on our boxers but majority of Filipino boxers come from a poor family and they chose boxing for livelihood to escape from poverty. Having no budget for decent food, they resort to soup bones for their nutrients during the training. Soup bones are beef bones with little meat that they boil into soup. Mixed with some cabbage and Chinese lettuce, the soup which has lots of protein is good to be eaten with rice. And when the aspiring boxers begin to earn, they would be boiling beef brisket instead.

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Horrible source of protein....lol.

R

remnant

Banned
Its a poor man's food. But hidden beneath this assumption is a
paradox. While soup is dirt cheap and in many instances free, soup
incorporates all the goodness in meat save for the fibre. In addition,
alot of minerals and trace nutrients are present having leached from
the bones during boiling. Actually, soup is a health food.

Quick Reply

P

Pharmacom

Cool protein

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

No idea does it work or not, but I know that we were always making a bone soup at home and it is kind of a normal thing in my country. And it tastes well.
And it is not really that poor.
Actually, in our butcher shop, you won't be able to find any bones because they are 'taken', so this food is very much popular.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Boiled beef shanks with emphasis to the bone marrow inside the bones is a good source of protein, it also contains high calorie and monounsaturated fats, it also contains a lot of essential vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron and phosphorus which are essential for good health.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Boiled beef shanks with emphasis to the bone marrow inside the bones is a good source of protein, it also contains high calorie and monounsaturated fats, it also contains a lot of essential vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron and phosphorus which are essential for good health.

I see, is it okay to have this kind of diet every day? When you say they boil beef shanks, you mean they turn it into some porridge right? I would like to have an idea as I am planning to have a protein-rich diet for the next coming weeks.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I see, is it okay to have this kind of diet every day? When you say they boil beef shanks, you mean they turn it into some porridge right? I would like to have an idea as I am planning to have a protein-rich diet for the next coming weeks.

Actually it's more of a soup, with shanks and some vegetables like green beans, onions, and cabbage. It's a clear broth and you take it along with rice.

Here's a link ...https://youtu.be/0s2_tWc3zpY

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Actually it's more of a soup, with shanks and some vegetables like green beans, onions, and cabbage. It's a clear broth and you take it along with rice.

Oh, now I see what you mean. I have read from comments that this is poor man's food. They're not that cheap when you order them from a restaurant.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Oh, now I see what you mean. I have read from comments that this is poor man's food. They're not that cheap when you order them from a restaurant.

The Bone Marrow broth has a lot of protein, it is also rich in minerals that supports the immune system and it contains healing compounds like collagen, glutamine, glycine, and proline. The collagen in the broth helps in healing the gut lining and any intestinal inflammation.

For the complete nutritional and health benefits of bone marrow kindly refer to the link below.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/blog.kettleandfire.com/bone-marrow-soup-benefits/amp/

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Yes, I know it has a lot of nutrients, but my point is it is not as cheap as others have put it. "Bulalo" is not that cheap when you order it from a restaurant. It goes for $6 up to $10 when you order it from a restaurant.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You might want to check out a turkey neck recipe- and you can add a package of turkey necks which are really cheap, to some dried red, black or white beans(soak overnight) in a slow cooker like a crock-pot, and add some seasoning. The meat just kind of falls off the turkey bones when you slow cook it, and this gives the beans some wonderful flavor as well. Also I like to eat the beans and meat over some rice.