• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Optimising your food uptake

R

remnant

Banned
How are your eating habits? Some assume that its all about the
composition of food followed by good table manners. There's another
aspect. I heard from a sports exercise professional that to gain
maximum benefits from what you eat, chew the food thoroughly. This
requires patience and results in negligible wastage during digestion
by increasing the surface area dr digestion. Good luck

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well, that has some sense to it, because chewed food is easier to digest than big chunks of ingested food so it's quite logical that chewing your food would make it easier for our digestive track hence it would be digested faster.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chewing the food thoroughly has been my weakness since I was young. I was the fastest to eat in our home especially when the food is one of my favorites. My habit is to concentrate on what I am eating as if someone was chasing me. If I would eat slowly, I would lose my appetite halfway in the meal hence I couldn't do that. And I admit that indigestion is usually the result when I had eaten more than my quota. But when I am not feeling well, I have noticed that I eat slower than my normal pace.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The smaller the food particles you swallow, the more the small intestine can absorb nutrients. Also saliva contains important digestive enzymes, so when you chew longer, it gives these enzymes more time to do their job.