• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Protein from pork

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the news on radio this morning, pork was being praised for being the alternative white meat which means it is a healthy food contrary to the claims of health buffs. As a source of protein, pork is most beneficial to those building muscles which means pork is an appropriate diet for those doing their workout. And aside from protein, pork has some other vitamins (although I failed to catch all of it).

P

Pharmacom

I agree with this opinion

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Pork when trimmed of fat and grilled is a good source of protein, and the minerals, iron and magnesium. It also has a good amount of B Vitamins and traces of Vitamin A and E also. Although consuming fatty cuts like bacon thats why it's best to stick to the leaner cuts of pork meat.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

There is nothing wrong with eating pork, but you have to add a variety of other things like vegetables, fish, etc. to diversify your meal. Moderation and balance is the key, as long as you don't eat it every day, just like most meats. There is nothing wrong with eating high protein meats.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never thought about pork as a healthy meat but stay with the lean varieties because they do offer a lot of nutritional benefits. Take for instance a 100-g of lean roasted pork that provides 9g of fat, 199 calories and 27.6 g of protein. Stay with the tenderloin, loin chops and sirloin roast when it comes to pork because these are healthier than chicken.