• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Paquiao vs Horn - no pay-per–view in the US

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder why there is no pay-per-view in the US. One news item said that Bob Arum gave the coverage rights to ESPN. Is it because Arum thinks that the pay-per-view will not be patronized? Arum admitted that pay-per-view statistics were on the downhill after the megafight of Pacquiao and Mayweather. And maybe Horn is not really a worthy opponent for Pacquiao?

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So it's going to be free in the usa?

P

Pharmacom

Yep, I think it will be free

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, the coverage of the Pacquiao-Horn fight will be carrie by ESPN on free tv. No more pay-per-view according to Bob Arum.

As of today, the boxers were successful in the weigh-in. Manny Pacquiao at 146 pounds and Jeff Horn who was overweight yesterday by 2 kilos weighed at 147, still inside the regulation for welterweight. So if Horn wins then he gets the belt.

R

rz3300

Banned
I love the idea that we are getting some good matches that are on TV instead of the pay per view stuff. I just wonder if maybe there is not more money in the way of doing things as they were so it is time for a change.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Okay, the fight will start in a few hours from now so I am trying to post this before that. I am torn between Pacquiao and Horn because Pacquiao's latest fights in 5 years were all wins by unanimous decision. It looked like his knockout punch has vanished and if Horn has the strength of his young age then Pacquiao may find himself in the losing end of the bargain. And I think Pacquiao's only wish is to hit Horn with his left hook. But what if he fails to do that? Can he last 12 rounds against the agility of Horn?

TheMuscleBear

TheMuscleBear

Banned
Not even a close matchup. Pac is doing it solely for the money

R

rz3300

Banned
Well everyone was saying how this would change everything and now we would have more boxing on TV. That was pretty short lived and the next day it seemed that everything was back to normal with the pay per view thing, but who knows I guess.