• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fasting

R

remnant

Banned
Is fasting a good nutritional intervention with regard to optimzing
the body's exercise capabilities? It fine tunes the body metabolism by
slowing it which cancels the effect of fasting no doubt but just like
physical rest, it renews the physiological processes in the body
making it more energy efficient. I remember a time when I failed to
take supper and breakfast but when I went into prolonged physical
activity, I outperformed everyone else to my amazement.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fasting doesn't work for me. Worse, it activates the acid in my stomach that I could even feel in my mouth. But for some people, fasting has a good effect. One relative goes on a fast once in a while to flush out the toxins. He said that the body is cleansed when the stomach is empty. A friend fasts to lose weight although she admits that she feels weak afterwards. Being hungry for 24 hours will surely make one weak.

P

Pharmacom

Starvation makes me weak. It also affects the stomach badly and can cause an ulcer

A

Athanas

Fasting once in a while makes the gastrointestinal tract clean and resume its work properly afterwards. Though this practice is not recommended to people suffering from PUD.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

In my own experience and most of my friends, fasting does little to no benefit, because a body is regulated to cleanse itself on a daily basis. That's why we suppose to hydrate so much.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

I fast every few mths for 2-3 days it works wonders for me ,I feel great after and more energy.gotta clean out the I,intestines every now and then esp after bulking on tons of red meat and potatoes

Punk

Punk

It's worse for me,but for people who eat tons of food and don't have problems with stomach/intestines, it suits well.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I fast twice a year for a week and it cleans my body of accumulated fats and harmful matter. It also makes me leaner. Fasting helps in aiding weight-loss and it gives the body and our internal organs to rest and heal. That's why after enduring a week's fasting I feel healthier, all allergies are gone, and also my skin tone is much better looking. During fasting I only eat soda crackers and drink water and a lot of fresh coconut juice.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are not fasting if you are eating crackers and drinking coconut juice.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've fasted in the past, but I didn't like the experience, so I am not doing it again. It's important to drink plenty of water when fasting.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix

I think you guys are misusing the word fasting. What you mean is starvation. Fasting is not eating in order to pray and wait for a miracle. Anyway, I sometimes starve myself too. This happens mostly after the festive season. I have established that starving goes a long way to get rid of the few pounds I've gained after Christmas. I tried working out but it takes longer to get back my shape.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well if it ain't fasting then what am I doing? What exactly is your concept of fasting? If you could answer that then I would properly been informed or corrected right? If you can't anser it then something is wrong with your statement.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haha, what Kakashi2020 is doing is definitely fasting by definition- which defines "Fasting" as the willing abstinence or reduction from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had read a book about the lama or monks in Tibet in the olden times that they go on fasting for as many days as their body could endure. They could only drink water but up to only one cup in a day. Maybe that is the reason why the lama is thin and they only gain weight when they grow old and become exempted from fasting.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like to recommend making research about OMAD which known as a fasting diet program of eating only one meal in a day.

There are so many health benefits that comes from taking part in OMAD. Look it up and see how good fasting can be for you.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fasting is not a bad activity but for people with ulcers it can affect then due to the acids.I think fasting should be for a short period like 1-3 days only.Extreme fasting can be dangerous since the body lacks some nutrients and even water.