• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mental toughness

R

remnant

Banned
Mental toughness is an essential component of exercise. In rigorous
exercise and workout situations which are the stock in trade during
competitions, it reaches a point where the body can no longer cope and
this is the point where winners are separated from losers. Mental
toughness enables one to continue beyond your physical capacities in
spite of accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles. Its a vital
element of endurance where the mind takes over the body.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When the body cannot anymore cope with the rigors of training, I guess it's time to give it a rest. But I understand that professional athletes, especially fighters, are challenging their physical capabilities by trying to go over the limits. And I agree that those with mental toughness separates them from ordinary mortals like us. I had seen such toughness in professional boxers when their trainer wanted them to surrender but they didn't.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The mind is a very powerful thing in such a way that when you have built up your mind to effectively carry out your workout drills, it's going to be very hard for you not to meet up no matter how difficult it is.

But when your mind is weak, you are definitely going to give up even before you started.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, mental toughness involves being focused, showing confidence and being determined and resilient as well, especially when you are under pressure. Two big problems with mental toughness, include performance anxiety and fear of failure.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, mental toughness involves being focused, showing confidence and being determined and resilient as well, especially when you are under pressure. Two big problems with mental toughness, include performance anxiety and fear of failure.

If you lack confidence when working out, you are definitely going to most likely fail in meeting up with you exercise goals because you are bound to quit under pressure. This is why building your mental toughness is very important when it comes to gym training.

Jayson

Jayson

With me, the biggest problem is "making time", not the situation in the gym. Once in the gym, I work out hard - as in certain reps are pushing the limit. However, though, as just noted, a big problem is making time for the gym. There is literally so many excuses and obligations to take away my time.

Who has a similar problem and how do you deal with it?