• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bananas

R

remnant

Banned
The humble banana is filling but but consuming it has other
implications. For instance, its a good food for body builders. It
replenishes the glycogen lost through exercised preventing muscle
breakdown and should be taken during breakfast or in a protein shake
post-exercise. Bananas also contribute to prevent electrolyte
imbalance as it supplies potassium necessary for muscle contractions.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I eat a banana right after training. Easy to bring to the gym.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Banana and plantain banana are good for those doing a workout. Potassium is the main benefit that you get from banana. When we were kids and we feel sluggish, my mother would make us eat 2 bananas and would say that would take care of the lethargy. I'm not sure of the fluid retention but I know that banana can serve as your temporary meal especially when the meal is delayed in serving.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I know that bananas are great for me, because I am hungry almost all the time.
I reduced some things in my diet and I eat much less meat right now.
In addition I added more fresh fruits and of course bananas are my first choice.

A

Athanas

Eating bananas is great especially to patients with cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension. They contain high amount of potassium. High level of potassium in blood lowers level of sodium that is responsible for hypertension. Hence these patients recover quickly. Personally I eat two on daily basis.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Bananas are really great tasting and it has a variety of health benefits. In my country bananas are the most affordable of fruits, you can buy a whole bunch for under $1. It's available the whole year round and there are many variants to choose from.

I love eating bananas because of its high potassium and fiber content. I like to eat it as is or to make banana shake sour of it.