Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Member bodybuilding reputation fitnessmara's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Muscle atrophy

The pregnancy is not any sort of inactivity and can't be equalized with the sickness.
    Nobody is absolutely tiny and fit while pregnant but I saw some cases that defy logic.
    As of the illnesses, there is no help.
    An old age brings completely another set of problems and demands, so it requires an exact approach.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Another thing that can cause muscle atrophy is idleness or simply not doing anything. If a person just keeps on sleeping or lying down then muscle atrophy would start. To avoid it one must exercise or just do something physical regularly.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeah, these days people ride the car and sit in the office or the couch most of the time, and this sedentary life style definitely causes muscle atrophy.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The muscle waisting away is called muscle atrophy, and the main reason for this is lack of physical activity. This can be caused by disease or injury as well. Astronauts can experience muscle atrophy also, when exposed to a few days of weightlessness.

Last edited by Folk Artist; 03-28-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Muscle atrophy isn't something nice because it's most likely to affect your general body structure, health and fitness. It's so sad that people suffer from such health problems as a result of injuries sustained while training to be fit. But one thing to try and do is not to push one's self too hard in order to avoid getting injured.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I have a pinched nerve in my neck that cause my left arm to tingle and go numb regularly. It is has been an issue for several months now. I've tried acupuncture, massage, cortisone injections...with no relief. I'm scheduled for an epidural next week. It is impossible to train efficiently, because I cannot "feel" the muscle in the left arm. Needless to say, the arm has atrophied considerably. Hopefully he epidural will work and allow me to train hard again!
    GD

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Hamstring was the latest muscle injury that I had recently while working out at the gym. I had similar experiences in the past and I know very well that it's kind of partly my fault whenever I suffer hamstring muscle injury. The pain with which hamstring injuries comes with is out of this word to the extent of my wondering why such injuries existed in the first place.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

One good example of muscle atrophy is when you see a stroke victim with paralyzed leg or arm. The paralyzed limb would lose the muscles in 3 months time due to non-activity unless there is the regular therapy. But for pregnancy I don't think it can be considered atrophy when you temporarily quit the gym because you can still move your limbs so the muscles will be thinner but not atrophied.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Muscle atrophy occurs when the muscle is not used for an extended period of time due to lack of physical activity, aging, injuries or illnesses that affect movement. Astronauts also experience this event because they are working in a low-gravity environment. So, creative engineers created an exercising machine for them so they can regularly exercise in space and avoid muscle atrophy. But when muscle wastes away, do not worry it is not the end. Muscle cells can return to its normal strength through proper diet, exercise or physical therapy.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by GuestHu View Post
    Muscle atrophy occurs when the muscle is not used for an extended period of time due to lack of physical activity, aging, injuries or illnesses that affect movement. Astronauts also experience this event because they are working in a low-gravity environment. So, creative engineers created an exercising machine for them so they can regularly exercise in space and avoid muscle atrophy. But when muscle wastes away, do not worry it is not the end. Muscle cells can return to its normal strength through proper diet, exercise or physical therapy.
    Old age can be a very influential cause of someone experiencing muscle atrophy because some people in their old age find it very difficult to get into active workouts and exercise of the muscles. I'm actually making use of my resident neighbors as a case study, there are so many old people living within my neighborhood who I'm very concerned about how they live their lives without trying workout and help train their muscles, definitely they will undergo muscle atrophy from time to time. Also those people who have less time to workout as a result of their work suffers such too.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessmara View Post
    The pregnancy is not any sort of inactivity and can't be equalized with the sickness.
    Nobody is absolutely tiny and fit while pregnant but I saw some cases that defy logic.
    As of the illnesses, there is no help.
    An old age brings completely another set of problems and demands, so it requires an exact approach.
    Sorry, but that's egoism to do workout during being pregnant.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions