Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Do you warm up?

I am a naturalist and rarely find the need to warm up before a major
    exercise. In most cases, simply being alert and having washed my face
    in the morning are enough to start me off for a long race. The secret
    though is to maintain more muscles and less body fat.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Re: Do you warm up?

Depends on what ya mean by warm-up & what your going to be doing. Most guys consider doing some sets of light weight a warm-up & I definitely think a person should do warm-ups before working a muscle.

Even if you were doing something like sprints, I still think you should warm-up. I've went to take off real fast before & it felt like I sprained my ankle because I didn't move it around & get the blood going in it first.

I am guessing that you are young, perhaps not even 30 years old. But when you age, you have to be conscious of your workout that warm up is necessary. I have a friend who is overweight. Lately, he was enamored with a pretty woman that ignited his passion to lose weight so he was eager to do the workout. But one morning, he felt pain in his knee. The doctor confirmed that he had a torn quadricep and had to be rendered immobile for weeks for his knee to heal. Now, the advice of the doctor is to always do a warm up first before proceeding with the workout. A warm up can be bending and stretching just to waken the muscles.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

hello all ,. i am a new member here ,,
    thanks for your posts

:)

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Big Beef View Post
    Depends on what ya mean by warm-up & what your going to be doing. Most guys consider doing some sets of light weight a warm-up & I definitely think a person should do warm-ups before working a muscle.

Even if you were doing something like sprints, I still think you should warm-up. I've went to take off real fast before & it felt like I sprained my ankle because I didn't move it around & get the blood going in it first.

There is research that found that there was no difference in injury rates between those who warmed up with cardio and those who did not. They also found out that strength gains were slightly diminished in those who did a cardio warm up. What was important is those who did not warm up doing cardio most likely got a more functional warm up by starting out with light weight and working up to the heavier work sets. So resistance training is much more unique compared to other physical activities that our workouts have a warm up built into them. Now these guys who go in and start off with heavy work sets and don't do light warmup sets first are most likely setting themselves up for injury.

Yes, I do warm up. Its very important for ur muscles To avoid injury

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Beef View Post

There is research that found that there was no difference in injury rates between those who warmed up with cardio and those who did not. They also found out that strength gains were slightly diminished in those who did a cardio warm up. What was important is those who did not warm up doing cardio most likely got a more functional warm up by starting out with light weight and working up to the heavier work sets. So resistance training is much more unique compared to other physical activities that our workouts have a warm up built into them. Now these guys who go in and start off with heavy work sets and don't do light warmup sets first are most likely setting themselves up for injury.
    Didn't say cardio had to be warm-up for weight training. Can be a separate day, as a lot of power lifters do this. Also, why does almost every professional athlete do warm-ups & why would there highly paid trainers suggest them to do this? Regardless of what exercise or workout your doing, I believe some kind of warm-up is necessary. If you got out of bed in the morning & went to a dead sprint, you don't think you'd be more prone to injury??

I always warm up , maybe not as much as I should , but I do try to . The older you get the more a good warm up makes sense !!!

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height
    6'2"
    Weight
    Biceps
    Chest

Waist

Always Get my blood flowing, I get better pumps

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com