• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hyponatremia

R

remnant

Banned
This is a condition that is caused by low salt in the bloodstream
during exercise especially in hot conditions. You see, when one is
exercising, you lose sweat which consists of salt and water and you
dilute the salt concentration by taking water only. What sports drinks
and interventions can address this imbalance?

P

Pharmacom

During training, it is advisable not to drink clean water. Better water with salt, vitamin C (with lemon juice for example). For example I drink with the BCAA with the taste of orange (there also contains a little vitamin C)

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hyponathermia sounds like hypothermia which struck our former neighbor who enrolled in a weight-loss program in one gym. She was 20 at the time and maybe wanting a boyfriend that’s why she was inspired to follow the regimen to a tee. But it happened that she was experiencing hypothermia already but she continued with the workout... she collapsed. It was fortunate that she was not totally dehydrated although she still landed in the hospital.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hyponathermia sounds like hypothermia which struck our former neighbor who enrolled in a weight-loss program in one gym. She was 20 at the time and maybe wanting a boyfriend that’s why she was inspired to follow the regimen to a tee. But it happened that she was experiencing hypothermia already but she continued with the workout... she collapsed. It was fortunate that she was not totally dehydrated although she still landed in the hospital.

In as much as working out is good and recommended for one's health and fitness, care should also be taken in how it's carried out and also being necessarily healthy before engaging in any kind of workout drills.

If you are not observing all the necessary checks that would ensure that something doesn't go wrong while in workout session, you have yourself entirely to blame should anything go wrong.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This condition called hyponatremia occurs when the concentration of sodium in the blood becomes very low. Sodium is a electrolyte and helps regulate the amount of water that's around your cells- this can happen from a medical condition or drinking to much water. Also be careful while training for marathons, triathlons or other long distance and high intensity events, and don't drink to much water.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This condition called hyponatremia occurs when the concentration of sodium in the blood becomes very low. Sodium is a electrolyte and helps regulate the amount of water that's around your cells- this can happen from a medical condition or drinking to much water. Also be careful while training for marathons, triathlons or other long distance and high intensity events, and don't drink to much water.

Exactly. Drinking too much water can lead to having hyponatremia and it's not something to be taken lightly as a result of its damage and dangerous effects to the human body. When the sodium in the blood system becomes too diluted, it can comes with the symptoms of headache, confusion, nausea and bloating.

Hyponatremia can lead to organ failure, seizures and even death in when it's severe. So, one needs to be careful with whatever one is consuming, not even too much drinking of water is safe.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

With all that said. Are you guys saying that drinking too much water during and after workouts are not recommended? So what's the best thing to do? Maybe this is all genetics and is only experienced by people with low sodium. It doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With all that said. Are you guys saying that drinking too much water during and after workouts are not recommended? So what's the best thing to do? Maybe this is all genetics and is only experienced by people with low sodium. It doesn't necessarily apply to everyone.

Watch the word very well my dear, it says too much and nothing more. From what we know in life, too much of everything is never going to give you any positive impact or results.

So, when done with workouts, it's not that you shouldn't take water but watch getting yourself drown with drinking too much water.