• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bobby Fischer – the chess genius

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Reputedly the best chess player of all time, Bobby Fischer shot into the limelight when he fought for the World Chess Championship in 1972 in Reykjavik, Iceland. Chess was the stronghold of Russian grandmasters and at the time, it was unthinkable to unseat them from the throne particularly Boris Spassky who was the champion after Tigran Petrosian also of Russia. But Fischer was able to get his way and defeated Spassky in 21 games to the score of 12.5 to 8.5. It was a shocking event not only in the world but in the sports world. Every newspaper had Fischer on their cover and sports pages were half full of news articles about the game. Unfortunately, Fischer did not defend his title when he refused to play Russian Anatoly Karpov due to disagreemetns in the playing conditions.

P

Pharmacom

It's easy to climb to the top, but to stay on it is much more difficult

R

rz3300

Banned
All I really know is what I am trying to remember from that movie that I saw a long long time ago. This just makes me think that I should get out there and learn a little bit more though, and I do enjoy a good game of chess.