• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Vegan bodybuilding

R

remnant

Banned
Going vegetarian will eliminate the many products of metabolism
associated with animal products. According to Tresize, a body builder
with 3 prestigious titles to his name, this has cleared his conscience
apart from other dividends. Whats your take on vegan bodybuilding?

P

Pharmacom

I dont think its right

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I think it is easier and right, because we as humans have a really long digestive system, plus we are able to break down plant food easier than one soaked in fat and who knows what kind of medicine injected into the animals.
That will make a perfectly logical explanation why a guy on a vegan food can gain faster than one who tries all the same on the meat.
Also, many plants don't have fat, they have starch and all that, but no fat, cholesterol etc... so losing weight is rather easy too.
I didn't go 100% vegan, but I am trying and the results are surprising.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

If it works for vegans then good, because I haven't heard anyone getting sick from eating to much vegetables.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, bodybuilding requires a lot of energy, and being vegan doesn't provide that energy I believe.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For bodybuilding, you need a lot of protein. Even if there are proteins in some vegetables, I don't think that is sufficient for the body's needs. When you burn too much fats, it needs to be replenished and it is meat that can do the job. One vegan said that having no meat at first made him feel so weak for a couple of weeks.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is very possible to achieve a great look being a vegan bodybuilder, but most people say that there is no way you can become big and strong on a vegetarian diet. You do need to eat some healthy fats like olive oil,almonds,walnuts, and some avocados. Also muscle building amino acids like black beans and brown rice are good, as well as eating some veggie burgers, could help you out as well. This vegan bodybuilding does seem interesting as you get older, and it could be a healthier way to eat and still look like a bodybuilder also.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, maybe being knowledgeable about the vegan foods to intake it might be possible, but it's not the most logical way to go.