• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Biolgical and chronological age

R

remnant

Banned
There is a difference between a person's biological and chronological
age. Some people could be 45 but still in their prime while others
could be 25 and otherwise constrained in their bodybuilding capacity.
Generally, at this age, one should be entering into their prime and
bodybuilding should be at its maximum as their bone density is at its
peak.

P

Pharmacom

People look for age as they think themselves

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am aiming to be like Freddie Webb, he is now past 70 but still sports a good body, nice muscle and perfect posture. Webb was a professional basketball player who played in the Olympics and now he is a sportscaster. He says that he spends 3 to 4 hours in the gym every day. That's a lot of time for a workout considering his age. But he doesn't look his age, maybe he looks just like 60. I can't say if it is the workout that made him look and feel younger or maybe his attitude in life.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, we all have different physiology make up as well as DNA too. So, we are definitely going to feel different at some age in our lives.

But generally, it's very much better to workout when you are a lot younger than when you are older. Your body will adjust and adapt well and faster to the drills when you are younger.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The chronological age is the number of years the person has been alive, but the biological age refers to how old a person seems. When considering the biological stage, you can take many lifestyle factors into consideration- including diet, exercise, and sleeping habits to name a few. How we age though, does depend a lot on genetics - but the external factors do play a part in aging, including diet, exercise, stress and also smoking.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The chronological age is the number of years the person has been alive, but the biological age refers to how old a person seems. When considering the biological stage, you can take many lifestyle factors into consideration- including diet, exercise, and sleeping habits to name a few. How we age though, does depend a lot on genetics - but the external factors do play a part in aging, including diet, exercise, stress and also smoking.

Exercise and diet can go a long way in determining whether you are going to be looking older or younger than you are supposed to appear. One's genetic make up can also influence this issue as well.