• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How I got into bodybuilding

R

remnant

Banned
I have been involved in heavy manual work at construction sites over
the years and this has drastically improved my physique even without
other exercises. Besides, I wall a lot and for long distances. I have
also been exposed to situations that require one to have combat skills
and bodybuilding is a good place to start.

P

Pharmacom

good story man

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This reminds me of my part time job when I was in college. I had developed some muscles from carrying small drums that we load onto a truck. I called it natural muscles because I didn't get it from the gym. And what's good in natural muscles is that they grow just like that with not much effort because the effort is what you put into your work. However, when I quit the job, the muscles vanished.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got a knee surgery and went to to the gym after to lose weight. In a couple of months my body changed a lot, so I decided to improve it a little more. :)

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From what you have just described, I would say that it's bodybuilding that you require but fighting skills. So, instead of recommending going to the gym, I would suggest getting enlisted into Judo class or Takwando lesson. When you master the basis of either two fighting skills, I'm 100% sure that you can defend yourself against any foe.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Having more muscle is more often than not a good protection measure, as muscle means we are stronger.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Having more muscle is more often than not a good protection measure, as muscle means we are stronger.

Having muscles doesn't necessarily mean you are stronger. It's true that the huge muscle would make you appear to be intimidating to other people but someone with a good fighting experience and skills will beat someone with lots of muscles with ease as long as you can avoid getting cornered. If you really want to feel protected, it's better to learn how to fight over going to gym to build your body muscles.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember working some construction jobs as well, back in the day, but mostly cleaning up at these sites. I would sometimes try to make it into a gym workout during this time, and most of the times, it was a good overall workout for the entire body - you could feel like you got a great workout some days.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some people have this sort of hard jobs they do on daily basis and it's practically a kind of workout because of how intense such works are. It show a lot of deal on the physical appearance of the people who are involved in the job.