• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding and work

R

remnant

Banned
There are individuals involved in heavy manual jobs like heavy lifting
in construction sites and motor vehicle mechanics which soups up the
muscles. I heard many people opine that they don't need exercise since
this is already catered for in their work besides leaving work
exhausted. Whats your opinion on this?

P

Pharmacom

U can go to the gym. But if u professional bodybuilder , so u must use steroids. Coz without good rest u cant work good

B

Bumboo

I was working at a food factory (if anyone has worked at a factory,he knows what i'm talking about),it was hard manual work.But i was still training hard,eating quite a lot and got some of the best gainz i've had ! If you want to train while you have a hard pshysical job,of course you can, just work smart,consume a lot of calories and things will work out !

01dragonslayer

01dragonslayer

Banned
There are individuals involved in heavy manual jobs like heavy lifting
in construction sites and motor vehicle mechanics which soups up the
muscles. I heard many people opine that they don't need exercise since
this is already catered for in their work besides leaving work
exhausted. Whats your opinion on this?

I guess that would depend on their level and intensity of activity. IMO nothing is better that a good well planed strength and cardio routine with a proper diet and rest.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had experienced working in a trucking company when I was young. My job was to carry small drums onto a truck aside from filling up the small drums from the big drums. It contained limestones. With that job, I had developed some muscles after working there for 1 month. Take note that I was a skinny lad and I was sure that it was the heavy work that caused my muscles to appear. One thing I noticed with my stint in that job is that I had grown a big appetite for meals.

R

remnant

Banned
I have come to the realization that mental toughness counts for everything. You see, its not about how strong you are, its about your determination. I find it easy nowadays to cope based on this.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had experienced working in a trucking company when I was young. My job was to carry small drums onto a truck aside from filling up the small drums from the big drums. It contained limestones. With that job, I had developed some muscles after working there for 1 month. Take note that I was a skinny lad and I was sure that it was the heavy work that caused my muscles to appear. One thing I noticed with my stint in that job is that I had grown a big appetite for meals.

My own experience with working and having my body muscles build up was when I was still a teenager. I had my encounter on daily basis with fetching water at home. Where I lived with my parents is a 3 story building flat apartment. Every morning, I would fetch water using two paint bucket which I always carry using both hands. Over times I did that, my arm got stronger, develop bigger biceps muscles, and increased trapezius muscles.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

To answer your question, perhaps you might not need to work-out anymore if you have a physically demanding job. Based from my experience, I used to work at my parent's store for 20 years, from 7 in the morning up to 7 in the evening and what I did there is lift heavy boxes and run all the time. During those days I had a good body, and no matter how much I eat I don't get fat, maybe because I sweat a lot and is always on the move all the time. So, even if I don't hit the gym during those days, I can say that I am physically fit and never get tired quickly.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To answer your question, perhaps you might not need to work-out anymore if you have a physically demanding job. Based from my experience, I used to work at my parent's store for 20 years, from 7 in the morning up to 7 in the evening and what I did there is lift heavy boxes and run all the time. During those days I had a good body, and no matter how much I eat I don't get fat, maybe because I sweat a lot and is always on the move all the time. So, even if I don't hit the gym during those days, I can say that I am physically fit and never get tired quickly.

Exactly. There are some work that are gym related. When you are working in a physically demanding environment, there is no need to worry about going to the gym anymore. I have a friend who works in a cement factory and he works as a loader, he carries more than 40 bags of cement onto the vehicle for transportation. He is virtually working out on daily basis.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Exactly. There are some work that are gym related. When you are working in a physically demanding environment, there is no need to worry about going to the gym anymore. I have a friend who works in a cement factory and he works as a loader, he carries more than 40 bags of cement onto the vehicle for transportation. He is virtually working out on daily basis.

True. The only downside of a physically demanding job is when you stop doing the things that you usually do. You'll feel muscle ache throughout your body. Much like when you played sports religiously for an entire week then you rest over the weekend, your body will get sore, especially your legs.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

True. The only downside of a physically demanding job is when you stop doing the things that you usually do. You'll feel muscle ache throughout your body. Much like when you played sports religiously for an entire week then you rest over the weekend, your body will get sore, especially your legs.

You are absolutely correct with that assertion on how being in energy and strength demanding jobs takes its toll on those that are into such jobs. It's very evident with mostly our aged folk who are into one job or another, when they retire, they still can't be able to stay away from working because once they do, they are most likely to be breakdown.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of construction work can provide similiar benefits that you can get from a gym workout as well, although construction work can be more hazardous to your health than a gym workout. Construction work can be to repetitious though sometimes, and involve the same movements over and over which can lead to serious injury. You could supplement your construction work with some aerobics though.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of construction work can provide similiar benefits that you can get from a gym workout as well, although construction work can be more hazardous to your health than a gym workout. Construction work can be to repetitious though sometimes, and involve the same movements over and over which can lead to serious injury. You could supplement your construction work with some aerobics though.

You have a very good point about some certain jobs as a result of its nature being able to fit in the role play of working out for someone who engages in such work. Construction work and industrial works can cover for this but it comes with health hazards. So, it's very important to be careful how one takes part in such work.