• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Your detox plan?

R

remnant

Banned
I have never really embarked on a serious detox plan other than
drinking copious amounts of water. I have taken to fasting for
religious reasons and the detox process accompanying it is an added
bonus. I have read of people in complicated detox programs but I an
yet to see one which is more effective than fasting.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I think that fasting and water can actually do for a person with the balanced diet.
Some people are not so clean with the food and they will need more vitamins, fibers and so on.
It depends on a person.
For the last few days I am switching to plant proteins, not entirely, but it has the similar effect.
I feel great.

A

Athanas

A diet exclusively on fruits and raw vegetables with water for 24 hours is also very good for body detoxification. I do it at 3 months interval and the results are good.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Once in a long while, I do a detox procedure which I invented for myself. First is the added workout coupled with water therapy. It's not actually therapy but just drinking double the amount of my daily water intake. With the food, it is vegetables and fish only. No soda and limited fruit juice. That goes for 3 days. After that, my tummy becomes obviously smaller with no more bulge. By the way, soda is one big factor for a bulging tummy.

K

Kins

The body detoxes itself naturally.

Punk

Punk

I never drink juice/soda/coke. My prob is that I eat a lot :)

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never drink that shit. I drink tons of water and a tiny bit of beet juice, 1 cup of coffee.. That's it. Stay away from all sodas and fruit juice.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I have never really embarked on a serious detox plan other than
drinking copious amounts of water. I have taken to fasting for
religious reasons and the detox process accompanying it is an added
bonus. I have read of people in complicated detox programs but I an
yet to see one which is more effective than fasting.

I've been doing detox for a decade because I always tend to abuse my body by eating unhealthy food, smoking, drinking and other hazardous activities in the past so it took a nasty toll in my body which only manifested when I was in my early 30's. That's the time when I felt always stressed out while gaining some pounds and allergies became frequent as well as kidney stones and other diseases. Thats when I decided to go into detox therapy and bought one of those juicers I saw in an infomercial and I started juicing vegetables and fruits, then a friend told me that I was overweight and juicing won't work with me and suggested that I go on a liquid diet for a month, by slowly reducing my solid food intake, so at first I thought I couldn't do it but when he said that I'll be drinking fresh coconut juice then I gave it a try. On my first day I ate my usual meal but in addition to that I have to drink 12 glasses of pure coconut juice so I did it and on the second and third day I felt I was not hungry that much so I reduced my food intake and on my 7th day I was only eating 1 sandwich a day and some biscuits while still drinking 12 glasses of coconut juice. At the end of my second week I was eating just 3 pieces of soda crackers a day and lots of coconut juice. I felt and look better and I didn't lose any energy in fact my mind became clearer, I just refrained from doing physical stuff. My pee became clear and my allergies dissapeared. I ended my detox on my 17 day and for that last 2 days, would you believe that I didn't eat anything? But I didn't get hungry or weak. So I guess for those who want to try detox, try drinking lots of fresh coconut juice and it works like magic.

O

Oldschool

The body detoxes itself naturally.
To a point.
The word detox is misused, including this thread.
Real toxification is heavy metals in your blood and coconut juice or any diet plan wont remove them.
Real detoxifixation is a clinical process.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Sure there are toxins out there, but experts have found little to no evidence that detoxing does anything special for the body. It's always best to do it the natural way which is by eliminating unhealthy things from your diet and introducing healthy ones. I am sure your body will feel better. And that is not detoxing, that is just simply being healthy.

I do not know what comprises detoxing, yet some people say it is a scam. A myth promoted by a lot of companies trying to push diet books and clinical remedies to individuals.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff