• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Improving your efficiency

R

remnant

Banned
Basically, the more one exercises, the more the efficiency of the body
improves especially in the area of weight loss. Authorities in this
area espouse not gaining weight in the first place is far much better
than working to lose it. I have learnt that fasting increases
efficiency by improving the body's ability to process energy. What do
you employ?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that trying not to gain weight is much easier than losing weight. Just like saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. When I gain 2 pounds, it takes at least a week for me to lose it by lessening my food intake, no soda, and added exercise. I gain weight when I indulge in food. Exercising control over food intake is easier than that 1 week of losing the extra 2 pounds.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Basically, the more one exercises, the more the efficiency of the body
improves especially in the area of weight loss. Authorities in this
area espouse not gaining weight in the first place is far much better
than working to lose it. I have learnt that fasting increases
efficiency by improving the body's ability to process energy. What do
you employ?

It's true that fasting helps one to lose weight quickly but I advise that fasting should be done with caution when one is into intense workouts often. It's most likely to affect your body in a bad way.

I do try and fast from time to time but I hardly fast when I'm getting an intense workout 3x a week. My body needs the food to balance the workouts.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The body needs to become metabolically efficient, and this allows for the body to function and train wiith less frequency of calories, because it's learning to rely on stored fat for energy instead of a high carbohydrate intake. A metabolically efficient diet comes from eating lean protein and healthy fats.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The body needs to become metabolically efficient, and this allows for the body to function and train wiith less frequency of calories, because it's learning to rely on stored fat for energy instead of a high carbohydrate intake. A metabolically efficient diet comes from eating lean protein and healthy fats.

Generally, fats aren't good for the body especially when you are not getting a good number of exercise under your belt in order to help with burning calories. If the fats stored in your body system gets critical, it's definitely going to be harmful and detrimental to your health. This is the reason why it's always advisable to eat healthy meals and avoid excessive fats intake.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

All I know is if you want to lose a lot of weight, you need to sweat a lot. So, doing a lot of running sometimes do the trick. It would also be wise to keep a record of your workout so that you can review it in the future and take some points on what is efficient and what is not.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I am not so much on fasting really because I don't want to miss on the good foods that God has given us. My rule of thumb is really moderation. Taking just enough to relish and enjoy a particular food whether it be lechon or pizza or a burger. We all know that veggies and fruits are good for our bodies so we have to take larger portions of these foods than the meat and its likes. Exercise should also be integrated in our waking hours at work and at home. We should walk rather than taking the lift or using the car; take the stairs than using the elevator or escalator; go extra walks in the afternoon and make some deep breathings. In this way we are able to simplify things. Besides early man just walked and walked and they survived. They also ate more berries and fruits than meat and lived longer lives.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I am not so much on fasting really because I don't want to miss on the good foods that God has given us. My rule of thumb is really moderation. Taking just enough to relish and enjoy a particular food whether it be lechon or pizza or a burger. We all know that veggies and fruits are good for our bodies so we have to take larger portions of these foods than the meat and its likes. Exercise should also be integrated in our waking hours at work and at home. We should walk rather than taking the lift or using the car; take the stairs than using the elevator or escalator; go extra walks in the afternoon and make some deep breathings. In this way we are able to simplify things. Besides early man just walked and walked and they survived. They also ate more berries and fruits than meat and lived longer lives.

This comment is spot on. The one thing I liked is when you said to take walks or use the stairs instead of driving the car or taking the elevator. I can relate to that. I would make this comment as a note to myself to be more fit. When it comes to food, there will come a time wherein you are on a diet, and you crave that one thing that you like the most, what I do is take some candy or any sweets to focus my attention on something else and forget about it.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All I know is if you want to lose a lot of weight, you need to sweat a lot. So, doing a lot of running sometimes do the trick. It would also be wise to keep a record of your workout so that you can review it in the future and take some points on what is efficient and what is not.

Exactly! Running exercises is one of the best workout drills that will make you sweat a lot and it will definitely make you to lose weight generally all over your body. When you run, the vibration impacts all over the body and it's the way you get to burn fat well off your body.