• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Marume Classic

• Thread starter MuscleMecca Crew
  • Start date
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
I cannot find much information on this but I know the 2017 Marume Classic happens tomorrow.

This came from herald.co.zw

All set for inaugural Marume Classic contest
August 4, 2017 Sport

Chipo Sabeta Senior Reporter

A GALAXY of top bodybuilders will battle it out tomorrow at the inaugural Marume Classic contest, which will be hosted by four-time Mr Zimbabwe bodybuilding winner Givemore Marume. Running under the theme, “Promoting Health and Fitness”, the country’s top muscle men are set to converge at the Zimbabwe College of Music in Harare with over 50 athletes confirming their participation.

“The preparations are underway and 80 percent of the ground has been covered. The venue has been secured at Zimbabwe College of Music and most requirements purchased,’’ said Marume.

“The contest begins at 6pm to 9pm and tickets will be sold on entrance at $10. I believe the birth of this new project will develop and improve the standards of the sport.

“I am interested in motivating our local system to get better, especially in the area of development, an area that is critical in every system.

“I have been doing bodybuilding competitions for 20 years and I think it’s important to inspire upcoming athletes with a classic show which will be happening for the first time in Zimbabwe.’’

Held in partnership with the National Federation of Zimbabwe Body Building and Fitness, the Marume Classic will also be graced by South Africa’s International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness Pro bodybuilder Earl “The Beast” Abrahams.

Abrahams, a celebrated South African bodybuilder, will be landing in the country this afternoon, as excitement builds up for contest.

Reigning Mr Zimbabwe, Paul Goredema, who finished third in the super heavyweight division at the IFBB Arnold Classic in South Africa in May, will be the guest poser.

South Africa-based athlete Dumiso Dhlodhlo, who is the reigning Mr ZIFT, leads the cast of over 40 male bodybuilders vying for the inaugural Marume Classic top prize.

Other top contenders who have confirmed their participation include three-time Mr Bulawayo Lovemore Manyamana, Blessing Nyamupimbi, Chamu Marange, Pardon Dube and Givemore Kamujokoro.

On the ladies front, Loreen Moyo, Ashley Dube and Diana Machakaire are expected to take to the stage for the Marume Classic title.

Marume Classic is bankrolled by principle sponsor Saltrama Plastic, who have provided prize money of over $3 000.

“There is also a helping hand from Pro-Fitness Gym, KM Auctions, Arch 260 branding, Kutaura Enterprises, Impact Academy ad Pram Graphics, Zimoco, NFZBBF and doors are still open to those interested in supporting me,” he said.

gibbs

gibbs

Banned
I have to say that this is quite the show.