• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

A vegan bodybuilder?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really do not know if you could call this guy a bodybuilder but he sure is a vegan.

Check out this article..

Meet ‘Vegan Thor’, the bodybuilder proving that you don’t need to eat meat to get gains
Miranda Larbi for Metro.co.uk

Many bodybuilding buffs will harp on about the importance of protein in building the ‘perfect’ physique.
Steaks for breakfast, chicken breasts for lunch, turkey for dinner.

Tell them that you want to get a six pack on a vegetarian diet and you’re often laughed to scorn.

But one vegan bodybuilder is proving that it’s more than possible to make gains while being cruelty-free.

Matthew St Clair, AKA Vegan Thor to his followers, is just one of a dozen plant-based bodybuilders who champion the powers of plant protein.
Meet 'Vegan Thor', the bodybuilder proving that you don't need to eat meat to get gains

Vegan bodybuilder
(Picture: Matt St Clair / mediadrumworld.com)
Before turning to fitness, Matthew was plagued by confidence issues, which had apparently become so troublesome that he couldn’t take any items of clothing off in front of other people.

Today, however, he’s ripped to shreds on a diet of sweet potato and kale salads, BBQ seitan pizzas and veggie sushi rolls.

‘You can accomplish any physique on a plant based diet,’ says Matthew.

‘Put in the work, eat right, and be patient! The biggest issue people have with this equation is time. Nothing happens fast enough in this day and age.

Vegan thor
Meet 'Vegan Thor', the bodybuilder proving that you don't need to eat meat to get gains
(Picture: Matt St Clair/mediadrumworld.com)

‘Unfortunately, a fast forward button does not exist. Eat plants. Do the work. Wait…You will see results, just be patient.’

And people are absolutely lapping it up.

With over 12,000 followers hanging onto his every word, the environmental consultant and certified trainer doesn’t just post fitspo but also pro-animal messages.

And pictures of squirrels.

Because if the abs don’t convince you to consider a plant-based lifestyle, perhaps a few cute animals will.

Meet Vegan Thor the bodybuilder proving that you dont need to eat meat to get gains   Metro
(Picture: Matt St Clair / mediadrumworld.com)

The power of plants is real, people.

News Source: http://metro.co.uk

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he is cut but not big. can't get big eating veggies only

R

rz3300

Banned
Well I for one would love to see it. I am not a vegan and I am pretty sure that I could not hack it, but I think it just opens up the whole idea of nutrition and what is possible, and certainly you can get your protein from non meat sources.