• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Protein diet

R

remnant

Banned
This is a method of losing weight the easy way. A protein only diet
results in a net loss of weight because proteins are not stored in the
body, the excess are deaminated during the production of urea. In
addition, the process of digesting proteins is energy intensive. A
caveat is that this should not be the norm as it can result in stomach
cancer in the long run.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

The whole protein diet is ok, IF and only IF you need to lose some weight right away.
It should not be a rule and we can only do it maybe once in a while for a week.
Week or more, depending on how much we want to lose and what kind of a built we are.
But, in general, I am not in favor of this diet.
It leaves you pretty much exhausted after only a few days.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Anything excessive for a long period of time is dangerous to ones health, a person may opt to do this for several days up to a week but more than that would definitely have some health risks.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Talking of proteins with my physician brother-in-law, he said that the safest protein is the one that we get from beef. He suggested boiled beef or steak. But over-indulging in beef has a side effect to the liver. That may be the reason why steak on the table is always served with vegetable salad to neutralize the protein. But I still stand with my belief that eating beef can give you the energy for the workout especially if you are training for a fight.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that the whole concept of diet depends on a life style change, so if that doesn't happen, forget dieting.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would eat a more balanced meal that contains plenty of meat, fish, dairy, and high-protein plant foods. I would add more protein to your diet, but be careful to eat some other foods as well. Eating of more protein in your diet, does give you feelings of fullness and less hunger, than eating a low protein diet- so this effect does lead to a natural reduction of food intake.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Right now I'm on a Ketogenic diet and I eat a lot of meats with as little carbs as I can and the way it works is the body burns out the fats and other undesirable cells in the body and this makes me lose weight. But as you said, eating a lot of meats shouldn't be done for extended periods of time because it may cause some harmful effects to the body but I think a week or two of eating meat is okay.