• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Water and weight loss

R

remnant

Banned
Water is an essential solvent and constitutes 70% of the blood. Water
can be used for weight loss using a very simple method. Simply sweeten
or flavor some water with honey or lemon juice and drink before meals
when you feel hungry. Then delay before having a meal and the full
feeling will make you to eat less food It can even be a good way of
skipping a meal without feeling overwhelmed by hunger pangs. Most of
the hunger we experience is not true hunger but a function of runaway
appetite.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

This is interesting, but can you please explain the difference between the runaway appetite and a true hunger.
From my point of the view, it is pretty hard to see the difference unless we have a medical laboratory at hands every time our stomach starts roaring.
The frequency of skipped meals should be clearly marked, some people could easily drive themselves to the grave with starvation... lol

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you are referring to water therapy. Drink water starting when you wake up. Drink every time you feel hungry before eating. When you do that excessive drinking for 1 week, your body will adjust and you will lose weight drastically. But the downside is that you will lose your strength.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I think you are referring to water therapy. Drink water starting when you wake up. Drink every time you feel hungry before eating. When you do that excessive drinking for 1 week, your body will adjust and you will lose weight drastically. But the downside is that you will lose your strength.

I have this practice but in moderate. When I work out I usually add some natural ingredients to my water because not only it feels better to drink but it includes many important nutrients.
One squeezed lemon can make a huge difference.

L

LauretteMarleau

This is quite interesting!

JiLLian

JiLLian

Its true that water can help weight loss.It will help you burn more calories and may even suppress your appetite if consumed before meals.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Drinking Water, Infused water with lemons or apples or even honey before any meal can really help reduce ones weight. I've done in a couple of times already and is quite effective, I can lose up to 5 pounds a week, sometimes I also drink ginger tea and turmeric tea which has antioxidant properties that promotes good health.

Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix

This sounds like a very good way of losing weight. It is basically cheating your stomach that you are full. I am curious though, won't the hydrochloric acid in the stomach start hurting you and causing auto-digestion of the stomach lining? This sounds like a possibility because naturally, the stomach needs something sturdy at all times or else it starts digesting itself causing health problems like ulcers.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's precisely how it goes. If we drink a glass of water before the meals, we won't eat as much because we will be somewhat full to start with.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that's an easy way to loose weight. I've heard about it and it really works.I also do that once in a while.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff