• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How much protein for optimal weight loss?

R

remnant

Banned
Its a waste to consume too much protein because excess proteins are
converted into urea through a complex biochemical process of
deamination. But its good for weight loss since a lot of energy is
expedited by the lives during the process of protein digestion.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

These are the data from the LiveStrong, and it is only for the weight loss.

An example of a higher-protein diet for weight loss is 1.4 to 1.5 grams per kilogram of body weight, which is close to twice the RDA. So for a 180-pound individual, a high-protein diet would include roughly 114 to 122 grams of protein a day.

So, in a case of an advance bodybuilding, I strongly believe that an individual should consult a nutritionist with a licence.

P

Pharmacom

1.5 gramms per 1kg ownweight or 2-2.5 if u professional and use pharma

L

LauretteMarleau

I never take protein for weight loss.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't understand why taking too much protein helps in losing weight. From what I know, protein is the building blocks of muscles. And the muscle is heavier than the flesh so how can protein facilitate weight loss? But maybe you have a point in the chemical process that converts the digested protein. Perhaps we have to consult a nutritionist to verify matters.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I think what your saying is that protein shakes can help induce weight loss. This is quite true because if you replace a meal with a protein shake then your consuming less calories and that translates to weight loss while building mass or muscles, this would make one leaner. The key to weight-loss is burning more calories than what your consuming and as long as your limiting your calories by eating healthy then you can pass up on protein supplements because you won't be needing it.