• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Super League

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do u think about, guys?

3892243836e76e520688d3decc9013d9-1.jpg
ba24ff323c1a9228a786dbc028264956-1.jpg
396c16219ac26ec71a7e3ec8d9c6ef3e-1.jpg

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: super leguea

0bfc94a41d5a741f7b39da5c79f6d2fd-1.jpg

J

jessfit

Re: super leguea

It will be interesting to see how it does. It's a pretty cool concept!

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here is a related article about another bodybuilder competing with Dorian Yates Super League Team! The bodybuilder is Paul McKinley!

Here is Dorian Yates, Paul McKinley and Mike O'Hern!
View attachment 14761

By Chris Singleton / Staff Writer
Posted Aug 19, 2017

Former local bodybuilder Paul McKinley has found a new sport to satisfy his competitive hunger.

McKinley, a Houma native, has moved on to join a new Super League team based out of Atlanta.

The Super League was started by six-time Mr. Olympia bodybuilding champion Dorian Yates.

Although it isn’t billed as a bodybuilding, crossfit or powerlifting, McKinley said the Super League takes the elements of those events and mixes it into a competitive sport that is sponsored by NIKE and Samsung. The Super League has different teams popping up in major cities across the country.

McKinley said the Super League is a new sport that is based off of athleticism instead of just being big and strong. It is scored off of energy output level by body-to-weight ratio.

“It’s supposed to be the new biggest thing that’s taking off in terms of not just looking like a bodybuilder and standing on a stage and showing your ending result, but it gives people a chance to see how you compete and show what it took for you to get that result,” McKinley said.

McKinley, 34, started out as a bodybuilder several years ago, but he eventually wanted to get involved in something that catered more to his natural athletic ability. He is a former football player at South Terrebonne and walk on at Grambling State University. He also had a four-year stint in the Army.

“I’m not interested in bodybuilding anymore. It’s not competitive for me,” McKinley said. “This sport will give me a competitive edge. It allows you compete. It meant a lot to me because this is what I do every day in terms of training. I don’t just weight train, but I do an athletic side of training. That’s the the work that I do.”

McKinley, who now lives in Atlanta, joined the Atlanta Super League team headed by his coach/co-founder Tony Freeman, a IFBB professional bodybuilder.

“When Tony was selected to be the representative for the super league team in Atlanta, he asked me to make it out,” McKinley said. “I only had two weeks to prepare for it but it still done well in only two weeks of preparation.”

The Atlanta team tested their strength and endurance against other competitors from a Los Angeles-based team at the first Super League event held in Las Vegas on July 29.

McKinley (5-foot-10, 259 pounds) competed in the super heavyweight class for participants 240 pounds or more. He finished sixth overall in the super heavyweight class with a total output of 64,240 and a super score of 403.

McKinley said his output rivaled that of competitors who were twice his size in the super heavyweight class.

“It felt good to be invited and selected to represent the super heavyweights here in Atlanta. That was a major accomplishment,” McKinley said. “To be able to hold my own and represent for Atlanta against a tough squad of competitors meant a lot.”

In the first round of the competition, each participant had to compete 12 reps on eight movement stations. They got a score from each of the eight stations, which includes power squat, quad extensions, hurricane deadlifts, plate loaded pulldowns, double hammer curls, crucifix flys, viking press and plate loaded dips.

The score takes the amount of weight lifted times the completed reps. It is then divided by the participants body weight to get the output quotient.

The second round of the competition measured each participant’s physical dimensions using 3DX technology. The male measurements included chest and arms for the upper body and thighs and calves for the lower body. Female measurements are shoulders and arms for upper body and hips and thighs for lower body.

The overall 3D score came from a combination of three delta measurements: upper body to waist ratio, lower body to waist ratio and upper body to lower body ratio.

Each participants output quotient was added to the 3D testing score to get an overall super score total. McKinley’s output quotient score was 248 and 3D score was 155.

“It’s really a combination of a bunch of things,” McKinley said. “It’s a full body workout. It’s not like a powerlifting event. It’s kind of like a bodybuilding and athletic event combined with crossfit. Not the crossfit movement but crossfit style of training.”

The Los Angeles team finished with a score of 3,747, while Atlanta had 3,555.

McKinley said it was a great showing overall for the Atlanta team in its first event.

“We performed great even though we were undersized,” McKinley said.

McKinley, a father of three girls, said he looks forward to competing in the next Super League event later this year. He trains five days a week to prepare, and he maintains a strict diet.

He said his goals are to place in the Top 3 of his weight class at the next Super League event, which will earn him a spot on Team USA to compete against teams from other countries.

“It will allow me to be able to compete again and get a better feel for it,” McKinley said.

McKinley said supporters can follow his work and movements on his Instagram profile at Paul_r_McKinley

Videos of McKinley training can be found on YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/mckinley33/videos

For more information on the Super League, visit http://superleague.live

Bodybuilding News Source: http://www.dailycomet.com/sports/20170819/houma-native-competes-for-super-league-team