Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Hand and arm exercises for stroke patients

I worked with such clients. This is a very difficult task, but if the client is set for hard work, success is guaranteed

Member bodybuilding reputation fitnessmara's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I had a stroke patient within my family, it is shocking to see a person that used to be healthy and happy in such a terrible bed-bound condition.
    Most of these people are elderly family members and sometimes they never recover.
    Either because of the n nature of their character, advanced age or just a common loss of the interest, these people tend to let go and turn mischievous.
    The last thing they want is to practice, and our own family member was a book example of such a behavior.
    I think that answer is always in psycho, almost never in a body, but it is hard.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I know of several stroke victims that have recovered fully with the help of therapy although most of the stroke victims close to me were not able to recover. One of them is my mother-in-law who cannot use her right hand. The therapy starts with the stress ball and graduates with the hand grip. But in between, the exercise involves stretching and calisthenics.

Member bodybuilding reputation fitnessmara's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think that a stroke patient within my family was unable to fully recover due to her advanced age, but also because nobody really gives so much though to her therapy or the way to make her feel better.
    At one point she underwent into a complete digression because of the senility so after that it was impossible to anything more for her.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I suffered a stroke, aneurism at the right hemisphere of my brain a year ago and for 2 months the left side of my body including my left arm and leg was weak, i attended several therapy sessions but it didn't quite worked out so I just rested at home and exercised a bit daily and slowly but surely my strength came back and was back to normal within 2 months.

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

You are lucky to be alive.

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi2020 View Post
    I suffered a stroke, aneurism at the right hemisphere of my brain a year ago and for 2 months the left side of my body including my left arm and leg was weak, i attended several therapy sessions but it didn't quite worked out so I just rested at home and exercised a bit daily and slowly but surely my strength came back and was back to normal within 2 months.
    You are lucky to have recovered from a stroke. But maybe the clue is the paralysis. When half of the body is paralyzed, it looks like the patient cannot recover anymore. And when half of the body is weak or even very weak, the chance of recovery is still there. I remember our neighbor who had undergone therapy for his paralyzed body, there were times that we could hear him screaming or crying. And in spite of his hardship in the therapy, he didn't recover until he died after 5 years.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

My mom suffered from a mild stroke five years ago, and she said the first sign she noticed that she is experiencing one is having impaired speech. Good thing we were there, so we immediately rushed her to the emergency room. She had paralysis on the right-hand side of her body. At first, she can barely walk so to regain full functionality of her arms and legs what she did (with our help) was religiously exercise every morning and practiced her penmanship (for her hands). I thank God she is okay now and fully recovered.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    My mom suffered from a mild stroke five years ago, and she said the first sign she noticed that she is experiencing one is having impaired speech. Good thing we were there, so we immediately rushed her to the emergency room. She had paralysis on the right-hand side of her body. At first, she can barely walk so to regain full functionality of her arms and legs what she did (with our help) was religiously exercise every morning and practiced her penmanship (for her hands). I thank God she is okay now and fully recovered.
    This reminds me of my father's first stroke. He answered the phone when my niece who is a doctor called. My niece noticed that there was a slur when my father spoke. She asked about the numbness of the face. When my father replied to the positive, my niece talked to my mother and asked her to bring my father to the hospital. Indeed it was a mild stroke. And with the early detection, my father was able to recover in 2 weeks time.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    This reminds me of my father's first stroke. He answered the phone when my niece who is a doctor called. My niece noticed that there was a slur when my father spoke. She asked about the numbness of the face. When my father replied to the positive, my niece talked to my mother and asked her to bring my father to the hospital. Indeed it was a mild stroke. And with the early detection, my father was able to recover in 2 weeks time.
    Good thing your niece was attentive and immediately noticed that there is something wrong with your father. That is one advantage of having a doctor in the family. The recovery time of your father was fast. My mother took I believe four months to recover completely.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi2020 View Post
    You are lucky to have recovered from a stroke. But maybe the clue is the paralysis. When half of the body is paralyzed, it looks like the patient cannot recover anymore. And when half of the body is weak or even very weak, the chance of recovery is still there. I remember our neighbor who had undergone therapy for his paralyzed body, there were times that we could hear him screaming or crying. And in spite of his hardship in the therapy, he didn't recover until he died after 5 years.
    Yep, I was really lucky that I didn't blackout, well I was about to but I punch and pinch my leg to stay awake and I induced vomiting because I thought at first that it might be a reaction to something that I ate. Well, my uncle wasn't so lucky, he blacked out and hit his head in the floor, he became paralyzed half body up to now.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Make sure you do your exercises correctly and consistently with a high number of reps to get the best results. Some good exercises for stroke patients include the circle movement with your arms and pushing movement as well - these can be done with a water bottle.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    Make sure you do your exercises correctly and consistently with a high number of reps to get the best results. Some good exercises for stroke patients include the circle movement with your arms and pushing movement as well - these can be done with a water bottle.
    When my mother-in-law had a stroke, I saw one of her therapy sessions. It looked difficult because she would have a temper after several reps as if it was very painful to the affected hand and foot. The therapist complained to us that the patient was too stubborn for her own good and she wouldn't be able to recover if she wouldn't follow the exercises as per the instruction of the therapist. True enough, she was not able to recover and half her body remained paralytic.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Stroke is very deadly illness and if care isn't taken, the illness kills the patient within days. Let me drop an open confession here, my maternal uncle and an only son was killed by stroke. He was just down and bed ridden for 4 days and he gave up the ghost. We tried our possible best to give the best medical treatment available in our disposal but he was not strong enough to battle the stroke illness. Massage is a very good therapy given to stroke patients.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions