• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Overtraining

R

remnant

Banned
There is a tendency among beginners to over exert which results in
muscle tearing and other hazards. Any weight and endurance training
should be gradual and a rest interval of about 3 days is necessary for
healing. Wearing lifting gloves is a good intervention as well as
maintaining proper form to prevent back injuries through uneven
application of weight.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

If we overtrain or overdo it during the long periods of the time, the acid created by the muscle work will slowly but steadily decrease the muscle growth and even a function.
It is advisable to train with care because the advancement will be much slower- if any.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have made the mistake of over training many times! It's probably one of the main causes of some injuries I've had in the past & most likely hindered some of my progress as well. I feel much better when I throw in an extra rest day! Getting better about it lately

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gotta give muscle tissue ample time to heal.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are things that help with recovery time.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I was trying to be smart and started too harsh with the fitness and yoga together.
These two together are ok, if applied both constantly and little by little.
I can't start to list what muscle groups I had inflamed after only 3 days.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Moderation is the key, you can't have a perfect body overnight, and exerting to much effort would only lead you to muscle strain and worst a pulled or torn muscle. So it's better to not exert yourself and to rest a bit everytime you've reach your limit, to give your muscles time to develop and grow.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, but sometimes we really don't know when to push it or not. I got a knee injury again from over training...

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not exactly over training but we should be careful when we do training regardless of age. I know of some young guys who suffered injuries due to wrong training. One had a torn ligament on the knee because he failed to do a proper warm up before lifting weights. Another one had too many reps for comfort that cause a nasty pulled muscle.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Many people are training to where they are actually getting weaker by overtraining, and this occurs when the volume and intensity of the exercise exceeds the individual's recovery capacity. This occurs when you limit your food intake and exercising intensely- also make sure to get plenty of sleep when training.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff