• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The 4 minute exercise

R

remnant

Banned
People give endless reasons for not doing warm -up exercises. Reasons
range from laziness, an attitude that one can do without it as well as
having no set routine. Personally, I think the best warm-up exercise
is jogging in the same position or doing sit-ups. What are your
warm-up options?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think my morning exercise is just around 3 minutes. First is the bending and stretching for the warm up followed the breathing exercise. Next is the push up of 30 to 50 depending on my body's condition. Breathing again follows before using the hand grip exerciser. It is good for the hand muscles and also for the abs.

01dragonslayer

01dragonslayer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me its usually stretching and doing a light weight warm-up set to get the blood flowing.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are on a tight schedule, then 4 minute exercise is definitely what would serve you well because it's what would give you an average impact on your body based on the drills you are able to fit into the 4 minute exercise.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like to go outside and walk around, and then run in place for awhile doing a few exercises with some 5-pound weights, also then walk around some more until my legs feel really strong. Using 5-pound weights during any light cardiovascular routine is a great way to add some extra burniing power to your workouts, and stretching with these 5-pound weights are great as well.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
My morning exercises is basically some stretching and deep breathing exercises. I don't have time in the morning for long exercises as I have to report to work by 6am. I do some long walks in the late afternoons though and practice deep breathing exercise before I hit the sack in the evening. Exercise is an obligation, no matter what, a duty more than anything else.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me its usually stretching and doing a light weight warm-up set to get the blood flowing.

Exactly. With the 4 minute time frame, it's basically going to be drills like stretching and a joggling that one can do. If you want to add more exercise drills, 4 minutes wouldn't cover it for you. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with stretching in the morning.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like to go outside and walk around, and then run in place for awhile doing a few exercises with some 5-pound weights, also then walk around some more until my legs feel really strong. Using 5-pound weights during any light cardiovascular routine is a great way to add some extra burniing power to your workouts, and stretching with these 5-pound weights are great as well.

Normally, I prefer exercising and working out in the morning and my gym time is always scheduled to be carried out in the morning periods. But when it comes to taking a walk around to clear my head and to stretch my legs, it's best done in the evening time unless it's raining. Just like we are in the raining season at the moment, my walk around exercise is limited.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Warm-ups for me is stretching, hand and foot wiggling, and deep breathing. They say that there is a full routine that lasts for about seven to ten minutes only but I think it's demanding to our bodies if we don't really follow the right sequencing. I usually take long walks as my main exercise or stationary bike that would last for an hour. The problem is really to find time for exercises.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Warm-ups for me is stretching, hand and foot wiggling, and deep breathing. They say that there is a full routine that lasts for about seven to ten minutes only but I think it's demanding to our bodies if we don't really follow the right sequencing. I usually take long walks as my main exercise or stationary bike that would last for an hour. The problem is really to find time for exercises.

Exactly. You have a very good point about finding the right sequence to apply the exercise drills because it's the only way to get the best results and needed impact from the workout. On not having ample time to exercise is a normal thing especially if you have a tight schedule. We all experience that from time to time.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Regarding warm-ups, I believe you should do what you think is right for you. As for myself, I usually do stretching and some jumping jacks to get my blood flowing. Then I do knee warm-ups too that seem like squats but not precisely the same, and my knees make popping sounds when I do it.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Regarding warm-ups, I believe you should do what you think is right for you. As for myself, I usually do stretching and some jumping jacks to get my blood flowing. Then I do knee warm-ups too that seem like squats but not precisely the same, and my knees make popping sounds when I do it.

Exactly! Without properly warning your body up before getting into a tense workout, it will most likely make you be prone to injuries because the body isn't in the right frame to take tough workouts.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think my morning exercise is just around 3 minutes. First is the bending and stretching for the warm up followed the breathing exercise. Next is the push up of 30 to 50 depending on my body's condition. Breathing again follows before using the hand grip exerciser. It is good for the hand muscles and also for the abs.

You must have a pretty strong arms to take on 30 to 50 push ups on daily basis. I do take it up the notch to 50 in a day but not on a stretch but in sessions. Some people look down on push ups but it's one effective workout drill.