• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Avoiding the vices

R

remnant

Banned
It would be an uphill task for one to embark on regular exercise while at the same time continuing with the habit of drinking alcohol and smoking. These introduce toxins into the body, cause vitamin depletion and generally interacting causing systematic malaise. And how do they interact with supplements?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that vices should be stopped when you are doing a workout. Smoking in particular is hazardous to the lungs so you can imagine the lungs working double time when doing a workout and the tired lungs will be filled with smoke. Drinking moderately is fine but not frequently. When drinking in excesses, it can affect your liver and even your muscles when alcohol takes over your blood flow.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

If your serious about the lifestyle or the sport u have to give up the vices,or u will never succeed.All the partying ,drugs,booze,late nights no sleep have to be sacrificed.when is the last time you saw a pro body builder partying especially during pre contest.These guys and girls live there own life style and most will not risk losing one workout ,meal,or sleep that could cost them a place in a competition.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It would be an uphill task for one to embark on regular exercise while at the same time continuing with the habit of drinking alcohol and smoking. These introduce toxins into the body, cause vitamin depletion and generally interacting causing systematic malaise. And how do they interact with supplements?

Exactly! If you want to live a happy and healthy life, the sooner you start dropping your vices, the better your life becomes for you especially when you are working out, it pays to drop any vices that would bring about addition of toxins into the body system. Alcohol, nicotine, drugs etc are to be avoided at all cost because they are most likely to kill you than do you any good.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I’ve had a terrible habit for about 17 years now, and that is smoking. I quit drinking alcohol last year, and I only do it occasionally - never been happier. I'm almost 35 and have smoked since I was 17. I go into panic mode thinking about burning my last cigarette. But I think it's time to stop, and I can do this.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I’ve had a terrible habit for about 17 years now, and that is smoking. I quit drinking alcohol last year, and I only do it occasionally - never been happier. I'm almost 35 and have smoked since I was 17. I go into panic mode thinking about burning my last cigarette. But I think it's time to stop, and I can do this.

The sooner you start working on stopping your smoking habit, the better it's going to be for your health. It may seem that at the moment you aren't having any side effects as a result of the excessive smoking but believe me that as you get older, it's definitely going to get worse and horrible for you.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

The sooner you start working on stopping your smoking habit, the better it's going to be for your health. It may seem that at the moment you aren't having any side effects as a result of the excessive smoking but believe me that as you get older, it's definitely going to get worse and horrible for you.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am very well aware that in the future this habit will catch up on me and take a toll on my health. I am planning to stop this year, and what I utterly need is the motivation because as of now, I am still finding it hard to quit cold turkey.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I am very well aware that in the future this habit will catch up on me and take a toll on my health. I am planning to stop this year, and what I utterly need is the motivation because as of now, I am still finding it hard to quit cold turkey.

I know how difficult it is to stop what one is addicted to doing for a very long time. I had such experience with playing games. I go so addicted that I would use my last cash on buying games but on determining to stop it, although it was hard, I was able to stop it and today I'm very happy about it.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I know how difficult it is to stop what one is addicted to doing for a very long time. I had such experience with playing games. I go so addicted that I would use my last cash on buying games but on determining to stop it, although it was hard, I was able to stop it and today I'm very happy about it.

My father, before he died, all of a sudden started to quit smoking. We do not know what his reasons are, but he just decided to stop. Months later, he suffered a heart attack, and sometimes I wonder if quitting smoking has something to do with it.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

My father, before he died, all of a sudden started to quit smoking. We do not know what his reasons are, but he just decided to stop. Months later, he suffered a heart attack, and sometimes I wonder if quitting smoking has something to do with it.

I don't think it's as a result of your father stopping smoking that led to his immediate heart attack and eventually his death over a period of time. Maybe he has been told to stop smoking immediately in order afford him little more time to spend with his family or face sudden death as a result of the effects of the smoke.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I don't think it's as a result of your father stopping smoking that led to his immediate heart attack and eventually his death over a period of time. Maybe he has been told to stop smoking immediately in order afford him little more time to spend with his family or face sudden death as a result of the effects of the smoke.

He never seeks medical advice from anyone when it comes to his health, he's afraid of hospitals and doctors and never had any physical exam for years whatsoever. He just decided to quit. As far as we know, he is completely healthy and doesn't suffer from any disease. He even does not have any medications. Maybe if God thinks it's time to take you, He will.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Smoking is scary because tobacco can contain more than 4,000 chemicals they say. Though drinking a little red wine is good for your health though- but only if you get some exercise along with drinking the red wine. Some studies have shown that drinking some red wine and working out is very good for your heart. Also drinking a glass of beer or wine is good after a workout, because both the workout and the glass of beer or wine causes endorphins to be released.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Smoking is scary because tobacco can contain more than 4,000 chemicals they say. Though drinking a little red wine is good for your health though- but only if you get some exercise along with drinking the red wine. Some studies have shown that drinking some red wine and working out is very good for your heart. Also drinking a glass of beer or wine is good after a workout, because both the workout and the glass of beer or wine causes endorphins to be released.

Seriously, smoking is the last thing that I'm going to do in this life. If my vices gets to the point of smoking cigarettes or Marijuana, I think I'm going to kill myself because I don't think I will knowingly smoke what I know would kill me painfully on the long run.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Seriously, smoking is the last thing that I'm going to do in this life. If my vices gets to the point of smoking cigarettes or Marijuana, I think I'm going to kill myself because I don't think I will knowingly smoke what I know would kill me painfully on the long run.

Good for you that you never even tried. And it's good advice for us all.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Good for you that you never even tried. And it's good advice for us all.

One thing I have learnt from those that got addicted to smoking is that they find it very difficult to stop or quit smoking once it's deep into their system. So, the best way to avoid getting in a tight corner with having a hard time stopping smoking would be to never try it out in the first instance.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

One thing I have learnt from those that got addicted to smoking is that they find it very difficult to stop or quit smoking once it's deep into their system. So, the best way to avoid getting in a tight corner with having a hard time stopping smoking would be to never try it out in the first instance.

I couldn't agree more. Let me use myself as an example. Honestly, I have tried all the methods of smoking cessation - cold turkey, e-cigarettes, nicotine gum, etc. but none of them work. I am still trying my best to quit, and I take fewer cigarettes one day at a time up until I'm not craving for it anymore. So you were right, the best way to stop is never to get started at all.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I couldn't agree more. Let me use myself as an example. Honestly, I have tried all the methods of smoking cessation - cold turkey, e-cigarettes, nicotine gum, etc. but none of them work. I am still trying my best to quit, and I take fewer cigarettes one day at a time up until I'm not craving for it anymore. So you were right, the best way to stop is never to get started at all.

I really feel bad for you and the situation that you found yourself to be in as a result of only getting addicted to smoking. I hope that one day you will get over the urge to smoke and quit smoking completely.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I really feel bad for you and the situation that you found yourself to be in as a result of only getting addicted to smoking. I hope that one day you will get over the urge to smoke and quit smoking completely.

Thank you, man. I hope one day I'll be completely smoke-free too. What I do nowadays is have a holder for my cigarette so the smell won't stick into my hands. like this one:

O0BbzN3GqMDwVaofxImxcg

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Thank you, man. I hope one day I'll be completely smoke-free too. What I do nowadays is have a holder for my cigarette so the smell won't stick into my hands. like this one:

O0BbzN3GqMDwVaofxImxcg

Even if the cigarette smell doesn't get to your hands for using that holder, it's still definitely going to affect your breath no matter what you take afterwards. Most people I know that are chain smokers have deep dark lips.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Even if the cigarette smell doesn't get to your hands for using that holder, it's still definitely going to affect your breath no matter what you take afterwards. Most people I know that are chain smokers have deep dark lips.

I know, it serves a different purpose. I always have wet hands, so the smell sticks to my fingers. And fortunately, I don't have dark lips even though I smoke a lot.