• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cleverly loses light heavyweight title to Jack

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Badou Jack of Sweden showed much power to defeat WBA light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly in the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] round by TKO. The bout was preliminary to the celebrated Mayweather-McGregor fight in T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. It was Jack all throughout the fight with an overmatched Cleverly. It was Jack’s win number 22 against a lone loss and 3 draws.

P

pwarbi

To be honest this result was a bit of a surprise for me as I have seen Cleverly fight a few times before, and he is certainly better than what he showed on Saturday. That's not taking anything away from Jack as the better fighter won on the night, but maybe being on one of the biggest events of all time got to Cleverly and he was too nervous to fight his game plan. Jack looked to handle the occasion better and that can be half the battle.

What next for these to fighters though? Is a rematch on the cards and if so where would that take place, back in Sweden?

R

rz3300

Banned
I cannot say that I get to see Swedish fighters in action all that much. It makes me think I need to expand a little bit instead of just falling for the bigger fights that are advertised more and more.

P

pwarbi

To some extent I think we are all guilty of falling for the hype, and only watching the so called big fights. We get caught up in the commercial aspect and fall for the media attention, and that often means that there are a lot of good, exciting fighters out there that aren't getting the attention that they deserve unfortunately.

R

rz3300

Banned
Well I would not feel guilty about falling for any of the hype that is out there. These people are so good at making you think that it will be the greatest fight ever, and then they walk away with their money and probably could not care less. Live and learn I suppose.