• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Problem - slow methabolism

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Apparently my slow metabolism is one to be blamed for my slower than usual progress.
I turned vegetarian lately in hope I was making some sort of a mistake with a regular diet, and because I need to shape up.
But, it didn't help at all.
I need a suggestion how to speed up my metabolism.
What is the best choice for me?

HWSP1927

HWSP1927

You can consume a lot of water
Maybe 2000-2700 ml per day.

johnjohn

johnjohn

Have you had your thyroid checked? T-3 can drastically speed up your metabolism

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Spread your meals out. You should be eating every couples hours. This should speed it up along with staying hydrated.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Thanks guys for help, but I do drink a lot of water and my health is checked and ok.
If I would spread my meals and eat as you suggest I would have like 300 pounds till now.
I don't think it si a good idea, but I will try and see what will happen.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

Make sure that you are tracking everything you eat. It is so easy to either over or under eat and that will slow your progress. If you can increase your protein intake that will also help
to speed up your metabolism.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This slowing metabolism is the usual issue of aging people. When you reach 40, the tendency of the body is to gain weight in a natural way even if you don’t change your eating habits and your lifestyle. The added weight is blamed on the slow down of the metabolism. And I agree to that. The only remedy, I think, is to change your eating habits and lifestyle to conform with your metabolism. That means you have to eat less and exercise more.

Punk

Punk

Agree, Eat small meals, exercise more, add some cardio or walk more.Usually, if you don't eat garbage and workout 3-4 times per week your metabolism starts by itself. Have willpower now and then you can afford almost everything in your food.If all this was observed, I would check the thyroid.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Make sure that you are tracking everything you eat. It is so easy to either over or under eat and that will slow your progress. If you can increase your protein intake that will also help
to speed up your metabolism.

I track in/outs daily, but even with a minimal intakes and lot of activity, things are not doing well.

This slowing metabolism is the usual issue of aging people. When you reach 40, the tendency of the body is to gain weight in a natural way even if you don’t change your eating habits and your lifestyle. The added weight is blamed on the slow down of the metabolism. And I agree to that. The only remedy, I think, is to change your eating habits and lifestyle to conform with your metabolism. That means you have to eat less and exercise more.

Well, that would explain why would a person in certain age group like you experience a weight problem, but it really doesn't help me there.

Agree, Eat small meals, exercise more, add some cardio or walk more.Usually, if you don't eat garbage and workout 3-4 times per week your metabolism starts by itself. Have willpower now and then you can afford almost everything in your food.If all this was observed, I would check the thyroid.

I have small meals, I have cardio and I do a lots of running and yoga.
My intakes are extremely low, by charts I should spend all that I eat on a fly ( and probably die of starvation).
I don't eat garbage, I also turned vegetarian.
I work out every day, with a morning and afternoon routines.
Water intake is adequate.
I have myself checked tip to toe, no health problems of any kind.
There is also no progress and no weight change.
I have only a few pounds more and my goal is to shape up, so in my opinion nothing excessive like this shoudl be even in a bottom of a list.

Punk

Punk

Sorry for my question, but how old are you?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

This may sound crazy, but you may be doing to much and your body is fighting you. That does happen. Sometimes you just need to give your body a break and then get back at it.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Sorry for my question, but how old are you?

This may sound crazy, but you may be doing to much and your body is fighting you. That does happen. Sometimes you just need to give your body a break and then get back at it.

So, you are telling me I should do exactly what I was doing before, which got me where I am in the first place.
Weird...

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

No, I am not sure what you were doing before. What I am saying is you can burn out your body to the point that your body just shuts down.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

No, I am not sure what you were doing before. What I am saying is you can burn out your body to the point that your body just shuts down.

Before I was doing pretty moderate program and I started to gain weight, so it was pretty much a sign that my body is storing fat over a lack of activity because no other reason is logical.
I am gaining weight even with this 'over-activity' so I am pretty near of giving up because this lasts for a while now.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

A few things that we need to address.

1.Have you had recent blood work? Need a full panel.
2. What meds are you taking?
3. Are you taking measurement?
4. How are clothes fitting?
5. How long have you been doing this program?

sw8cheeks67

sw8cheeks67

Don’t forget the pics zillagraybeard!

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

A few things that we need to address.

1.Have you had recent blood work? Need a full panel.
2. What meds are you taking?
3. Are you taking measurement?
4. How are clothes fitting?
5. How long have you been doing this program?

Well, address this, if you followed this thread you could notice I already answered all these questions.

1. yes, all good, plus additional controls
2. none, already answered
3. yup, already answered
4. clothes fitting ... are you kidding me? I already said I am gaining weight...
5. I started late in spring this year, the whole summer and till now... almost 6 months... so, enough??

Thanks for questions, but I doubt anything can help with my genetics, because that's what my doctors are saying to me. Apparently, all women in my family got horrendously fat around my age. But, big but , at least I am trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t forget the pics zillagraybeard!

I think he was saving it for later, in case I prove to be a hog.
I would better be just to give up and continue with no activity at all, plus maybe I will be happier with 300 pounds and a cheeseburger.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

This may be fundamental but I am going to say it anyway. The more protein that you get in, the better it is going to be for you. The more muscle that you put on, the better your body burns fat. Since you are now a vegetarian, are you sure you are getting in enough protein?