• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NPC Judges - 2017 Olympia Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I posted this last night in the Olympia updates thread but in case you missed it here it is again.

This is about the drama with the NPC judges. This is from our good friend and musclemecca contributor Joe Piettero who was at the 2017 Mr. Olympia.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The current IFBB situation...

Ben Weider created the IFBB with the help of his brother Joe Weider who later on created the professional division...In 2006 Ben Weider was succeeded by Dr. Rafael Santonja as IFBB President while the Professional League became a private company chaired by Jim Manion who is also the NPC Chairman...NPC is the American amateur branch of the IFBB...For many years they have worked together with slightly different rules...NPC basically has the same rules as the IFBB Pro League which in theory it shouldn't, while the rest of the world follows IFBB rules.

After several continous breaches of the IFBB constitution reaching its climax at Las Vegas this weekend, the NPC has finally been suspended from the IFBB and legal action will be taken.

So what will happen now?

The most obvious & probable solution is that the IFBB will introduce a new professional league.

We might be in for a scenario where there are 2 IFBB pro leagues...1 for the Americans who obtain their pro status through the NPC and another for the rest of the world...athletes would obtain their pro status through the IFBB.

As a European national federation, this will not affect us at all. We are affiliated with the IFBB. It will only affect the pro athletes. We have to wait & see because there are many legal complications involved.

Will keep you posted with all the news.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oxygen Gym Owner Bader Boodai has just announced on Social Media that the IFBB Pro League has now split from the IFBB Amateur League!!

Im sure some huge announcements are to follow shortly.

This would mean an amateur athlete can gain ifbb pro status from multiple routes such as other federations!!

The end of the dictatorship!!

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really didn't understand before but now I get it! Thank you guys!

Bundy74

Bundy74

Man things moved on this quick but truth is judging has been questionable for some time.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
***** IFBB/ NPC UPDATE*****

Alright, time to clear up some confusion and set things straight.

The IFBB and the IFBB Pro League are SEPARATE entities. The IFBB for all essential purposes is just the international amateur organization that runs and sanctions amateur competitions across the globe. The IFBB Pro League, owned by Jim Manion, is the actual sanctioning body for all the professional competitions we refer to as "IFBB" shows, including the Olympia, Arnold, New York...etc.

So basically what went down this weekend is that the IFBB (amateur international) wanted to have complete control of the Amateur Olympia. They were denied such control but were allowed to judge the international divisions including Wellness, Classic Bodybuilding and Men's Muscular Physique. They said no to this and stated that if they weren't allowed to control the whole thing then they wouldn't participate at all. The strongarm tactic didn't work and they were told their services weren't welcome if those were their terms. The option then left for the Amateur Olympia was to either tell all the international athletes that their portion of the event would be cancelled and send them away after all their hard work, money invested, and travel time, OR have the NPC/ IFBB Pro League judges oversee the judging of those divisions.

The NPC/ IFBB Pro League decided to act in what was in the best interest of the athletes and let the international competitors compete.

The IFBB (international amateur) officials basically threw a temper tantrum and decided to "suspend" the NPC and IFBB Pro League and now this latest removal of Jim Manion.

Here's the kicker...Jim Manion already voluntarily vacated this position last week. Last time I checked you can't "fire" someone after they've already quit.

SOOOOO...what does this all mean for the NPC and IFBB Pro League. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. The sanctions/suspensions mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They are about as legally binding as a 6 year old telling another 6 year old that they are kicked out of their yard.

What this DOES mean moving forward is that the NPC will expand internationally and be the ONLY way to get to the IFBB PRO LEAGUE and compete in their competitions.

Hope this clears some things up. Feel free to ask questions and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Please share and pass this on.

d4e879fdae4aa790bcae8f2c9d1f39d4-1.jpg

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Repost from @ifbbaustralia_official - IFBB Australia and South Pacific Oceania together with the other almost 200 countries of the IFBB join together to take back the Professional side of our sport to correct the deterioration and many problems it has as this time.
We are expressing and attending to the concerns of millions of fans and sports authorities around the world.
Please continue to watch for further updates which you will very pleased with!
#ifbb #ifbbaustralia #ifbbproud #ifbbofficial

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ub, is this the same thing Joe was talking about?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joe will be back on to comment I'm sure.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From Arnold Schwarzenegger:
Hi everybody!
I know that our bodybuilding community is having a difficult moment with the tension between the IFBB International and the IFBB Pro, and I wanted to come here to hear from all of you what your concerns and thoughts are about the current situation with our sport.
I used to give State of the State speeches every year, but for the state of bodybuilding, I'd like to just listen to you.
I know very well that bodybuilding doesn't belong to any one federation or person. It belongs to the fans and the athletes because without the champions on the stage and the people in the audience, we have absolutely nothing.
As the promoter of Arnold Classics all over the world, I keep getting asked how I feel about this IFBB split.
The truth is, I just want our sport to succeed. I think infighting does nothing to help with that goal. We are best when we are moving forward together, no matter what federation we all come from - I myself competed in NABBA, AAU, and IFBB. I'd like nothing more than to unify the sport and end these turf wars.
You know my concerns. At the professional level, some bodybuilders look like they're starring in Junior 2, it seems the focus is on only size and not aesthetics, the art of posing is getting lost and not being judged outside the Arnold Classics, and an overdosage of drugs, and as a result, we have tremendous difficulty getting TV coverage and expanding our fan base. At the amateur level, I've heard from many athletes about restrictions on where and when they can compete and other bureaucratic red tape and a hardcore top-down approach.
So I want to hear your thoughts, concerns, and challenges. And I know many of you are athletes, so I'd like you to be as specific as possible.
Even though we are told we have to choose one federation or another, I prefer to keep the sport unified, and I certainly don't let anyone rush me into any decisions, especially with something this close to my heart.
I want to hear your take and I'm counting on your candid thoughts.
Reddit

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
9a99cd27a50342b3d27c1c2bc0d5158e-1.jpg

ifbb elite pro is the new federation of rafael santonjia

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This shit is getting worse than us politics.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so guys ifbb International will organize three pro show with ifbb elite pro

36ad5256d562d1c96e774669731c0930-1.jpg
6324d953d5869e531293d169d0376cfb-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.