• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Diet Drinks & Fat Loss

TheShadow

TheShadow

I've been smashing through an easy 2L of Aldi's 17p diet cola (lol) per day recently, as I edge towards the end of this deficit.

Diet drinks are powerful tools for increasing dietary adherence and increasing overall satiation. In the research linked below, subjects consuming diet drinks over 12 weeks lost nearly 2kg more than those drinking water only. Intake was not controlled, therefore demonstrating the satiating effects.

One consideration I would make is that in my experience with clients, it seems some sweeteners initiate a small insulin secretion via monitoring their BG increases when drinking diet drinks in a fasted state. Therefore, if you are using drugs like yohimbine or GH, which lipolytic effects will be blunted by presence of insulin in the blood, I would encourage monitoring just to be safe. I will say however, that I have never noted this effect from aspartame in any clients.

Apart from that, when dieting, feel free to use diet drinks to curb cravings!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24862170/

R

remnant

Banned
Re: Diet Drinks & Fat Loss

I am thinking of stevia at the mention of diet drinks. For anyone not in the know, this is a herb that sweetens water many more times than sugar and its calorific value is zero. I buds that this should work as the brain would interpret the sweetness as food. I would only vouch for those with no chemicals or added preservatives.

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking of stevia at the mention of diet drinks. For anyone not in the know, this is a herb that sweetens water many more times than sugar and its calorific value is zero. I buds that this should work as the brain would interpret the sweetness as food. I would only vouch for those with no chemicals or added preservatives.

- - - Updated - - -

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Stevia is still banned in a lot of countries because of health risks, it was banned in the US for decades and was only lifted recently but it is still banned in its unprocessed form. Why? Because it is cancerous and it promotes infertility and genetic mutations.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stevia is still banned in a lot of countries because of health risks, it was banned in the US for decades and was only lifted recently but it is still banned in its unprocessed form. Why? Because it is cancerous and it promotes infertility and genetic mutations.

I have a friend who invited me to a stevia farm but unfortunately I was not able to join them. They say that stevia is big business now although I didn't know that there is a caveat particularly with cancer.

I would rather drink pure water or water that is laced with lemon instead of the diet soda. You spend for the sweet taste but you can teach yourself to be imbibing water instead of diet soda.