• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutting abdominal fat

A

Athanas

It is well understood that abdominal fat is far much the commonest source of most cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Are there any exercises, specific to the abdomen that can lead to reduced fat deposits around the abdomen?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The abs tend to sag with age. It seems that the fat cannot be totally removed that's why gym trainers are after the strengthening of the muscles in that part of the body. Admittedly, young people can still eliminate the fat but those nearing the senior age have no choice but to build up the abs muscles.

R

remnant

Banned
I should say that apart from exercise, other methods of controlling the eat in the abs is through avoidance of excess body weight not to mention a adds belly. Regular stomach exercises should also help.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

It is well understood that abdominal fat is far much the commonest source of most cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Are there any exercises, specific to the abdomen that can lead to reduced fat deposits around the abdomen?

This depends what age and what gender you are.

Men deposit inside of the abdominal wall, and women tend to accumulate more directly under the skin and on the hips for most of us. Fat deposits under the skin usually melt fast, but internal fat is kind of a stubborn thing. By this logic men are more prone to deposit fat inside of a body because they lack 'storage facilities'.

Fat deposits at the right places are the stored fat and they have absolutely nothing with what you listed, because these diseases are caused by the free and lose traveling fat that has not been processed and stored yet or with the clogged and fat layered arterial walls by the fat that is stored wrong way.

You can be skinny as a twig and still end up with a stroke or a cardinal over a lose travelling fat or clogged arterial walls.

R

remnant

Banned
Additionally, one should cut out sugar and sugar flavoured drinks as well as carbs while simultaneously increasing on protein intake and done which is high in fibre. This is sure to achieve results.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Cardio,cardio ,and cardio is the only thing that works for me ,all the sit ups,and crunches in the world won't do it alone

01dragonslayer

01dragonslayer

Banned

If you are referring to spot reduction....sorry my man...no such thing. You can rep out 1000 sit-ups ED but you won't see those precious bumps unless you have a vigorous cardio routine along side a strict diet. When losing body fat its done 'globally'...it is not site specific. Sure....those muscles WILL grow but unfortunately you won't see 'em until you get your BF down.

O

Oldschool

Fat deposits at the right places are the stored fat and they have absolutely nothing with what you listed, because these diseases are caused by the free and lose traveling fat that has not been processed and stored yet or with the clogged and fat layered arterial walls by the fat that is stored wrong way.

Fat is stored in adipose tissue.
Diabetes is not from fat floating around but from cells being insulin resistant to glucose which ends up being stored as fat in adipose tissue after your liver glycogen levels are full (usually 3-400 calories ). It has nothing to do with gender.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

That was my problem before, I got a bit fat on my mid section, so I decided to go to the gym and trim off that extra bacon. I did crunches, push-ups, situps, 4 holds of lats, all sets alternating with jumping jacks of 60 counts. After which a 15 minute treadmill run. Do this 4x a week and in a month your tummy would be flat.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've Never done Steady State Cardio.
Only HIIT Cardio.
And I've found that keeping my Rest Intervals down to a Bare Minimum helps burn Fat, when I'm Lifting.
My Diet is High Fat/Low Carb/High Protein, and I do alot of Ab work.

Sometimes, you just have to Mix it up, and see what works the best for you.
Diet is one of the Parameters that will almost always vary with the Individual.
So if your Current Diet isn't Working, don't be afraid to change it up, but make Small Changes, not Drastic.
And always make sure that you are Tracking your Diet, there's a couple of Diet Tracking Apps that can help...................... JP

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Am also struggling with abdominal fat .I also would like to know foods that cause it since am not fat but I have belly fat.I also tried exercises but I only get thin other parts but my belly is still there.