• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

At what time interval should water be taken during workouts?

A

Athanas

Water is very important in the body as it re-hydrates the cells for optimum performance during workouts. It replaces the excess water lost during sweating. Is there any specific time interval one should drink water while doing physical exercises., and is it dependent on the type of exercise whether intense or light?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think there is a prescribed time for water intake when you are into a workout. All you need to do is to listen to your body. When you feel thirsty then you take a drink. And when you have been doing a pretty long workout but not feeling thirsty then that means your body can take the rigors and it's all right not to drink. As we sweat, our body will react by thirst. So if you don't feel thirsty, don't worry for it's all right.

K

Kins

Holy crap!. I don't need a book to tell me when to drink water and I have OCD!. You must have it pretty bad!. Might want to see a doc about it. No offense meant as I actually have it but I'm not medicated.

- - - Updated - - -

I was treated with Cognitive-behavioral therapy while I was in treatment for it.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Ummm, when you are thirsty?
No book can tell you about the intervals, you have to listen to your body.

K

Kins

OCD is no joke, even though some people think it is and that "everyone is a little OCD".

Punk

Punk

The intake of water is also a habit.we must monitor the intake of water as well as the reception of food.Drink minimum 5% of your body weight number.If you're running the cycle,you should drink more to protect your liver first.During the workout better drink 20-30 oz bottle.

O

Oldschool

Drink when you are thirsty but if you are loosing fluids through sweat replace every pound of weight lost with 16oz of water.

Rot-Iron66

Rot-Iron66

Many people these days WAY overthink many things. After 40 years of training, I drink when I'm thirsty. :?

**shrug**

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Water is very important in the body as it re-hydrates the cells for optimum performance during workouts. It replaces the excess water lost during sweating. Is there any specific time interval one should drink water while doing physical exercises., and is it dependent on the type of exercise whether intense or light?

Well I drink water after warm-up but just a gulp, then race through my sets, every 3 to 4 sets I take just a gulp, specially when I'm working my abdominals. Midway through my workout I take a 10 minute break, that's the time I drink to quench my thirst then I rest a bit and proceed to the second half of my workout with intermittent single gulp of water just like on the first half of my workout and then I drink to quench my thirst after my workout.