Register

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Watering before meals

I heard a renowned nutritional practitioner, a deceased professor quite some time ago state that water should be avoided at least 2 hours before meals. It has to do with nutritional dilution, the works. Cozywnd to shed some light on this?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Drealdeal's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Watering before meals

Ive heard this before .. The best scenario for digestion is no water directly before during andd immediately after a meal....if u must have a beverage w your meal room temp water is the best option if unavoidable.
    Matter of fact i remember....Cary Nossler i think his name is did a video w Enhanced Athlete a few months back...its on YouTube.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I don't understand the logic of not imbibing water 2 hours before meals. What if you are very thirsty? I don't think you can endure 2 hours. That would risk your body to dehydration. In contrast, drinking water before a meal would enhance the digestive process and can also help you lose weight.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Drealdeal's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    I don't understand the logic of not imbibing water 2 hours before meals. What if you are very thirsty? I don't think you can endure 2 hours. That would risk your body to dehydration. In contrast, drinking water before a meal would enhance the digestive process and can also help you lose weight.
    This in not a post to argue , just the way i understood it...
    Our bodies are roughly 98 degrees Fahrenheit, a glass of cold water is about 50 degrees Fahrenheit so thats almost 50 degrees cooler than the optimal temp are organs are designed to digest ...right. So if u must a warm glass of water at 70 degrees is still 30 degrees south of homeostasis. Also its prospectively like drinking a water down drink, u may need 2xs the amount to get the proper absorption of nutrients . iI agree w your points about thirst and weight loss too.
    Thanks hope o made sense

MuscleMecca God
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation KaiGold's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I never knew so much about water. I try to drink as much as I can but u never worried much about when.

What about adding Apple cider vinegar and lemon to a couple glasses of water every day? Is it healthy?

The musclemecca bodybuilding news guy

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by KaiGold View Post
    I never knew so much about water. I try to drink as much as I can but u never worried much about when.

What about adding Apple cider vinegar and lemon to a couple glasses of water every day? Is it healthy?
    Absolutely

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If I wouldn't drink water 2 hours before the meal, I'll never drink at all coz I eat every 2 hours. Agree with @Drealdeal, not allowed to dring 15 mins before and after the meal..and during, of course. And necessary to drink minimum 5% of your weight.

Administrator
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation tkD's Avatar
    Height
    6'0"
    Weight
    180 lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think I've heard something similar from Kevin Levrone in a video a while ago, about not drinking DURING and right after the meals. Never really payed attention to it to be honest. Does anyone have more info on this? Studies or something?

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Member bodybuilding reputation fitnessmara's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think this has a zero importance if somebody is on a raw diet or if a main food is a soup, am I right?
    I mean, what exactly do you consider a 'food', in this case?

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessmara View Post
    I think this has a zero importance if somebody is on a raw diet or if a main food is a soup, am I right?
    I mean, what exactly do you consider a 'food', in this case?
    Excellent point... I think "food " in sed case is a typical solid cooked diet...example: steak...potato...rice...maybe a slice of bread.
    I do believe this idea is based on a "traditional" diet or even a body building diet....
    However u made an excellent point, im in no way an expert but im very curious now so im gunna look into it and see wut we come up with

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I also read this in a medical blog and I don't believe it , I think that it is a false statement, there's a lot of people who drink hot tea minutes before having their lunch or dinner and again after eating. This is a common practice in China and other south east asian countries. In the Philippines it is customary to end a heavy meal with hot coffee or tea just minutes after eating. That's why Chinese restaurants serves hot house tea to customers while waiting for their orders to be served, it is said that it is meant to cleanse the palate and warm the body to make it conducive for food intake. While drinking hot tea after a meal helps in digesting the food. I tend to believe in this, because if a billion Chinese practices it then it must be healthy.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

collapse Posting Permissions