• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Watering before meals

R

remnant

Banned
I heard a renowned nutritional practitioner, a deceased professor quite some time ago state that water should be avoided at least 2 hours before meals. It has to do with nutritional dilution, the works. Cozywnd to shed some light on this?

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Ive heard this before .. The best scenario for digestion is no water directly before during andd immediately after a meal....if u must have a beverage w your meal room temp water is the best option if unavoidable.
Matter of fact i remember....Cary Nossler i think his name is did a video w Enhanced Athlete a few months back...its on YouTube.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't understand the logic of not imbibing water 2 hours before meals. What if you are very thirsty? I don't think you can endure 2 hours. That would risk your body to dehydration. In contrast, drinking water before a meal would enhance the digestive process and can also help you lose weight.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
I don't understand the logic of not imbibing water 2 hours before meals. What if you are very thirsty? I don't think you can endure 2 hours. That would risk your body to dehydration. In contrast, drinking water before a meal would enhance the digestive process and can also help you lose weight.
This in not a post to argue , just the way i understood it...
Our bodies are roughly 98 degrees Fahrenheit, a glass of cold water is about 50 degrees Fahrenheit so thats almost 50 degrees cooler than the optimal temp are organs are designed to digest ...right. So if u must a warm glass of water at 70 degrees is still 30 degrees south of homeostasis. Also its prospectively like drinking a water down drink, u may need 2xs the amount to get the proper absorption of nutrients . iI agree w your points about thirst and weight loss too.
Thanks hope o made sense

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never knew so much about water. I try to drink as much as I can but u never worried much about when.

What about adding Apple cider vinegar and lemon to a couple glasses of water every day? Is it healthy?

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
I never knew so much about water. I try to drink as much as I can but u never worried much about when.

What about adding Apple cider vinegar and lemon to a couple glasses of water every day? Is it healthy?
Absolutely

Punk

Punk

If I wouldn't drink water 2 hours before the meal, I'll never drink at all coz I eat every 2 hours. Agree with @Drealdeal, not allowed to dring 15 mins before and after the meal..and during, of course. And necessary to drink minimum 5% of your weight.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I think I've heard something similar from Kevin Levrone in a video a while ago, about not drinking DURING and right after the meals. Never really payed attention to it to be honest. Does anyone have more info on this? Studies or something?

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I think this has a zero importance if somebody is on a raw diet or if a main food is a soup, am I right?
I mean, what exactly do you consider a 'food', in this case?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
I think this has a zero importance if somebody is on a raw diet or if a main food is a soup, am I right?
I mean, what exactly do you consider a 'food', in this case?
Excellent point... I think "food " in sed case is a typical solid cooked diet...example: steak...potato...rice...maybe a slice of bread.
I do believe this idea is based on a "traditional" diet or even a body building diet....
However u made an excellent point, im in no way an expert but im very curious now so im gunna look into it and see wut we come up with

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I also read this in a medical blog and I don't believe it , I think that it is a false statement, there's a lot of people who drink hot tea minutes before having their lunch or dinner and again after eating. This is a common practice in China and other south east asian countries. In the Philippines it is customary to end a heavy meal with hot coffee or tea just minutes after eating. That's why Chinese restaurants serves hot house tea to customers while waiting for their orders to be served, it is said that it is meant to cleanse the palate and warm the body to make it conducive for food intake. While drinking hot tea after a meal helps in digesting the food. I tend to believe in this, because if a billion Chinese practices it then it must be healthy.