Your first visit?
Register

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The role of antinutrients

Antinutrients are minerals or chemical compounds that bind to nutrients rendering the body ineffective in absorbing them. Examples are phytates and tannins as well as saponins. Cassava is one of the foods that contain these. Bodybuilders should put this into consideration including those taking supplements and indeed everyone else.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Member bodybuilding reputation fitnessmara's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: The role of antinutrients

Shouldn't we let a body take what it needs, because playing with this sort of a ball can land us a bomb to explode into our faces.
    I am not sure of this is even safe.
    It's like taking poison for food lol

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Anti nutrients have both adverse and beneficial effects in the body, it's most commonly found in plant food and can reduce the blood glucose and insulin, plasma and triglyceride levels.

Phytic Acid is an example of an antinutrient, it impairs the absorption of calcium, iron and zinc and may promote mineral deficiencies.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If you have nutrient deficiencies that show up in lab testing, you might want to consider the role of antinutrients, also people that eat vegan or a raw foods diet, may be more of a risk for overconsumption.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This is the first time that Iíve heard of the term anti-nutrients and I am really confused. If my understanding is correct, the anti-nutrients prevent the body to absorb the nutrients and therefore they serve as an aide to dieting. In other words, anti-nutrients may be the answer to the weight loss problem of the world. However, Iím sure there are drawbacks that taking anti-nutrients often can make you sick.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Seriously, to be very honest with you, this is my very first time of hearing anything called anti-nutrients. From its name, it was very easy to decode it's a chemical compound that probably works against nutrients especially in the food one consumes. I'm never aware of its existence in cassava, although I don't eat cassava that much, so I don't think I would have much to worry about having to found too much anti-nutrients chemical compound in my body system. It's definitely not something healthy to have have too much in one's body.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The function of antinutrients is to block the absorption of nutrients. It is naturally found in animals and many plant-based foods. In plants, these compounds are designed to protect from bacterial infections and being eaten by insects. An example compounds that contain antinutrients are Glucosinolates in cruciferous vegetables; Lectins in legumes; Oxalates in leafy veggies; Phytic acid in whole grain, seeds, legumes, and some nuts; Saponins in legumes and whole grains; and Tannins in tea, coffee, and legumes. But the effects of these antinutrients vary from person to person. We do not have the same metabolism rate and how we cook the foods affect the number of nutrients.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Antinutrients are indeed important! I can vouch for that. Even at my childhood my father was telling me that!

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Its good to know about your information on anitnutrients. I think I have a problem with antinutrients. Its because eating cassava is my favorite. I very much like the taste of cassava cake.

Member bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

There are plants that contain antinutrients, compounds that reduce the absorption of nutrients from the digestive system. But consuming these antinutrients is not a problem for healthy people but it would be a problem for those malnourished people and people who base their diets solely on grains and legumes. But not all antinutrients are bad. Like phytic acid, which is found in beans and whole grain, it may help lower blood sugar and cholesterol.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions