• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mountain-mans. ? Of the day for extra credit points for November M4BTEAM contest!!!!!!!

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Ok we are gonna try something new with the contest this time around.Since the winners of the past two contest have been so neck and neck and very difficult to choose one.I have a ? I'm gonna ask every 2-3 days for all of October,your answer can't be copied and pasted please,the member who answers the ? with the best information in there own words will get bonus points added to there November contest results.i will keep a note book with ,the user name who wins the ? Bonus points .before I ask the next ? I will announce the member who one the bonus points for each ? In this thread.All ? Will be numbered and in capitol letters,with the date posted so y'all will know when the new ? Is asked.
This will give everyone who wants to be part of the November contest a chance to get a jump start with extra points.

So know u want to know what is November's contest gonna be? One winner will be picked(reason for bonus ?) No ties no runner up.the prize is sponsers cycle from m4bteam bulking or cutting up too 5 oils pure gear line and 2 orals, m4bteam does ask that the winner do a weekly journal on there cycle results.The November contest will be best written article related to body building (diet,workouts,gear,etc) no copy and paste must be in members own words ,there is no min. lenght of your article we will judge winner by best information ,and by the amount of bouns ? They win.

So let's have some fun these ? Will not be just about body building so it may take some research to give best answer.There all related to lines of work I have done before so we all get to learn some cool facts,and then we all get to learn some new BB info in november.thank you M4bteam for all your contrabutions to Mecca members,and a big thank you to everyone who participates in the contest.(you can only answer the? Once ,but in November there is no limit on the articles u can enter)

### I will award the person with most ? answered who I feel gave the best information with there answer a prize out of my stash,so there is a little more eccentive for you guys and girls to play.

- - - Updated - - -

10/02/17
1)?why do termites have to eat wood to survive,and what is the nutriant they are receiving from the wood?(kida relates to body building)most detailed answer wins this round.

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Termites eat wood to derive the cellulose and nutrients they need to live. Termites have protozoa and bacteria in their gut that allow them to break down the cellulose fibers inwood, which is difficult for other creatures to digest.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Termites eat wood to derive the cellulose and nutrients they need to live. Termites have protozoa and bacteria in their gut that allow them to break down the cellulose fibers inwood, which is difficult for other creatures to digest.
Very good answer but there is a little more to it,I swear ur close did u work in pest control before?

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Very good answer but there is a little more to it,I swear ur close did u work in pest control before?
No i have not...just looked it up honestly

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They like the dark mositure found in wood as well & will die if exposed to sunlight to long. The only nutrient I've read they need is cellulose, which has already been pointed out. The protozoa breaks the cellulose into sugar & is what they need to survive. They apparently leave a chemical trail for other termites & most kinds of termites prefer decaying wood because of the fungi that is already on the wood.

M

mbell4377

Now this is a good contest!
Look at the big brain on Drealdeal, lol!!
Good answer bro!

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

They like the dark mositure found in wood as well & will die if exposed to sunlight to long. The only nutrient I've read they need is cellulose, which has already been pointed out. The protozoa breaks the cellulose into sugar & is what they need to survive. They apparently leave a chemical trail for other termites & most kinds of termites prefer decaying wood because of the fungi that is already on the wood.
Great answer y'all are so close to the word I'm looking for!!! I'll have to makeThe next ? Harder

HorrorT

HorrorT

Termites can survive solely on water; however cellulose is the best source of nutrients for their diet. Termites will eat any type of wood, as long as the wood is dead, and most houses have plenty of dead wood for termites to feast on. Stumps, mulch, and other wood debris are a perfect meal for a hungry termite

- - - Updated - - -

cellulose Fiber

- - - Updated - - -

Termites eat wood to derive the cellulose and nutrients they need to live. Termites have protozoa and bacteria in their gut that allow them to break down the cellulose fibers in wood, which is difficult for other creatures to digest.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Everyone has a correct answer I'll pick the most detailed and most correct answer and award bonus points then another ? I'm gonna make them a little more challenging tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone has a correct answer I'll pick the most detailed and most correct answer and award bonus points then another ? I'm gonna make them a little more challenging tomorrow

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Ok everyone have a good answer ,big beef gave the best answer .termites eat wood for the cellous yes ,because it breaks down into carbohydrates,they are eating wood to regulate basically glucose .so round one goes to big beef.ill post second ? In a few min. Anyone can still join in the contest.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

2)10/3/17

New ? For everyone

Imidacloprid is a pestcide and a termiticide,what non Target insect is it responsible for killing off,(non-target = not intended use) and what everyday grocery product has been inpacted by the decline of the non-target insect being killed off?what is the brand name of Imidacloprid

HorrorT

HorrorT

Marketed by European chemical giants Syngenta and Bayer, nonionic are the most used pesticide both in the United States and globally. In 2009, the agency commenced a long, slow process of reassessing them—not as a class, but rather one by one. Meanwhile, tens of millions of acres of farmland are treated with neonics each year, and the health of US honeybee hives continues to be dismal.
The EPA’s long-awaited assessment focused on how one of the most prominent neonics Bayer’s imidacloprid, affects bees. The report card was so dire that the EPA could potentially take action to restrict or limit the use of the chemical by the end of this year, an agency spokesperson wrote in an emailed statement.
Reviewing dozens of studies from independent and industry-funded researchers, the EPA’s risk-assessment team established that when bees encounter imidacloprid at levels above 25 parts per billion—a common level for neonics in farm fields—they suffer harm. “These effects include decreases in pollinators as well as less honey produced,” the EPA’s states.
The crops most likely to expose honeybees to harmful levels of imidacloprid are cotton and citrus, while “corn and leafy vegetables either do not produce nectar or have residues below the EPA identified level.”

- - - Updated - - -

Marketed by European chemical giants Syngenta and Bayer, nonionic are the most used pesticide both in the United States and globally. In 2009, the agency commenced a long, slow process of reassessing them—not as a class, but rather one by one. Meanwhile, tens of millions of acres of farmland are treated with neonics each year, and the health of US honeybee hives continues to be dismal.
The EPA’s long-awaited assessment focused on how one of the most prominent neonics Bayer’s imidacloprid, affects bees. The report card was so dire that the EPA could potentially take action to restrict or limit the use of the chemical by the end of this year, an agency spokesperson wrote in an emailed statement.
Reviewing dozens of studies from independent and industry-funded researchers, the EPA’s risk-assessment team established that when bees encounter imidacloprid at levels above 25 parts per billion—a common level for neonics in farm fields—they suffer harm. “These effects include decreases in pollinators as well as less honey produced,” the EPA’s states.
The crops most likely to expose honeybees to harmful levels of imidacloprid are cotton and citrus, while “corn and leafy vegetables either do not produce nectar or have residues below the EPA identified level.”

- - - Updated - - -

The food would be honey

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Bumped for more answers to ? Number two

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know you don't want copy & paste, so let me word this the best I can...

Imidacloprid is a very popular insecticide & has been for a long time, but has stirred up a lot of shit with those out there in the US that are trying to maintain healthy bee colonies. Apparently, this isn't just a US problem either because Europe has noticed a decline in there bee colonies as well, since the use of Imidacloprid. Obviously, this could affect the flow of natural honey, with the decline of bee colonies. It's been regulated in many countries, but is still being used & many consider it a shady business. It sounds to me like everything else... it's all about money!! The pesticide industry is probably pulling in more cash, so the bee farmers are just going to have to deal with it.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Imidacloprid is a very popular insecticide & has been for a long time, but has stirred up a lot of shit with those out there in the US that are trying to maintain healthy bee colonies. Apparently, this isn't just a US problem either because Europe has noticed a decline in there bee colonies as well, since the use of Imidacloprid. Obviously, this could affect the flow of natural honey, with the decline of bee colonies. It's been regulated in many countries, but is still being used & many consider it a shady business. It sounds to me like everything else... it's all about money!! The pesticide industry is probably pulling in more cash, so the bee farmers are just going to have to deal with it.

Outstading Sr. Thank you

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Forgot to add Bayer CropScience being #1 producer

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Holy shit! Thought I was in the wrong site!lol

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Winner winner chicken dinner Big beef takes round two congrats brother ..

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

10/04/2017 military question? remember no cut and paste ,trying to make this ? Harder for BB to win lol come on guys give the man some compotetion.
#%#%#%#%#*#¡!!!!!!!!!!NEW QUESTION!!!!!!!:eek5chyper:
QUESTION THREE?
what was the name of the Finnish sniper in world war 2 who in 100 days of combat killed 500 Soviet soldiers (5 per day avarage) this was part of the winter combat

What was his ell earned Nick name?
When he retired what rank did he hold ?
He was shot in combat where was he shot at?
He used a unuasal rifel for a sniper what model was it?

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

10/04/2017 military question? remember no cut and paste ,trying to make this ? Harder for BB to win lol come on guys give the man some compotetion.
#%#%#%#%#*#¡!!!!!!!!!!NEW QUESTION!!!!!!!:eek5chyper:
QUESTION THREE?
what was the name of the Finnish sniper in world war 2 who in 100 days of combat killed 500 Soviet soldiers (5 per day avarage) this was part of the winter combat

What was his ell earned Nick name?
When he retired what rank did he hold ?
He was shot in combat where was he shot at?
He used a unuasal rifel for a sniper what model was it?
I literally just watched a doc. On snipers 2 days ago