• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Yams, a healthy food

R

remnant

Banned
I recently came across literature on yams and discovered that ithey are quite a health food. Despite their rough texture and being tasteless, they are nutrient packed with trace minerals like manganese and a high quantity of vitamin C. I consider them to be a form of organic supplement.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

I like yams myself so good news for me

HorrorT

HorrorT

A lot of people confuse themselves about sweet potato's and yams, I love yams the orang flavor of goodness

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I recently came across literature on yams and discovered that ithey are quite a health food. Despite their rough texture and being tasteless, they are nutrient packed with trace minerals like manganese and a high quantity of vitamin C. I consider them to be a form of organic supplement.

Yams have minimal calories and a good dose of Vitamin B6, Fibre, Potassium and Vitamin C which are good for the body and an ideal weight loss food.
Its good to note that a distant cousin of yams, Sweet Potatoes have more nutritional benefits and fiber than yams.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yams have a rich source of minerals including copper, potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus, also a good source of potassium as well. The yam has a low glycemic index as well, so diabetics do not have to worry about a rise in their blood sugar levels as well. Also a good source of fiber and is good for constipation.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yams have a rich source of minerals including copper, potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus- they have a good source of potassium as well. The yam has a low glycemic index as well, so diabetics do not have to worry about a rise in their blood sugar levels as well. Also a good source of fiber and is good for constipation.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Yam if I'm not mistaken is gabi in Filipino, a white sticky kamote tasting fruit? Or is it considered as a veggie? I like this stuff when it's mixed in sinigang na baboy, Tagalog style. And the whole thing blends with the soury taste. It also adds to the thickness of the soup because of its sticky texture. There are really good tasting foods that are at the same time healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yam if I'm not mistaken is gabi in Filipino, a white sticky kamote tasting fruit? Or is it considered as a veggie? I like this stuff when it's mixed in sinigang na baboy, Tagalog style. And the whole thing blends with the soury taste. It also adds to the thickness of the soup because of its sticky texture. There are really good tasting foods that are at the same time healthy.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As a root crop or tuber the yam is definitely a healthy food. However I do not know how it is eaten in another way except for the jam. Yam is a dessert here and yam jam is very popular. I haven't heard of yam being eaten by boiling but I guess there is no harm in trying.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Why did you mention on your original post that yams are tasteless.

Yams are tasty. Their natural taste is sweet and I love it. All the days I've eaten yams, I've always found them to be delicious. We always boil them and don't add anything. We love its natural taste.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff