• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ravaging wildfire in Southern California

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This news report is very disturbing because it is not an ordinary wildfire that is currently ravaging the southern part of California, right there in Anaheim which is near Disneyland. The wildfire not only razed the vegetation but also some houses. At the latest report, there were 20 deaths already and thousands of families have evacuated to avoid suffocation. I wonder why the firefighters seemed helpless in the situation.

R

rz3300

Banned
It seems like every single year this is an issue, and it also seem that recently they are becoming larger and more dangerous. I hope that it is not a sign of things to come but my cynical side always takes me there.

R

remnant

Banned
With global warning taking its toll resulting in weather extremes, this has become more common. It takes a small mistake or a little malice by a cigarette smoker to carelessly throw a stub and the rest happens. More fire clearances should be constructed as well as standby teams for such emergencies.

R

rz3300

Banned
That is kind of depressing how it can just be one idiot flicking a cigarette, although at times I have been an idiot who does that so I cannot act superior or anything, but still. Hopefully that is not the case in a lot of these places, but who knows I guess.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems like every single year this is an issue, and it also seem that recently they are becoming larger and more dangerous. I hope that it is not a sign of things to come but my cynical side always takes me there.

My friend who's on vacation here from California said that the brush fire is often caused by people's negligence like throwing lighted cigarette butt. I am also wondering why every year there is such a fire. What is the government doing to prevent the fire? If you would ask me, I think there should be a preventive measure like posting rangers in the forest during the dry season when fires are common.

R

rz3300

Banned
It makes sense to have all those preventative things in play, but at the same you wonder how much you can actually prevent things like that, if all it takes is one spark. Still though you would have to imagine that there is always something that could be done.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For an update, it's raging for 12 days now, the brush fire in California is now inching towards Montecito, the area of the wealthy. The uncontrollable fire due to the winds have already burned 700 homes. People in the area are advised to evacuate for the fire may engulf their homes any time. It is really sad that firefighters were no match for the fire. One firefighter is already dead from the fire.