• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Did Rich Piana die from an insulin overdose?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, before you read this take this article with a grain of salt. We really do not know what happened to Rich Piana and anything said now is just speculation. I still wanted to put this article up because it is informative in terms of insulin use and it really does seem possible that Rich could have died from an insulin overdose.
Rich Piana Insulin Overdose

This was written by Joel Balsam
October 12, 2017

Rumors Suggest That Bodybuilder Rich Piana Died From An Insulin Overdose
Trending News: This Bodybuilder's Mysterious Death Is Stirring Up Controversy

Long Story Short

Medical examiners are still looking into Rich Piana's tragic sudden death, but a fitness expert has given voice to a rumor that suggests the famous bodybuilder died after taking too much insulin and neglecting to regulate his sugar.

Long Story

Rich Piana was no stranger to insulin, a hormone often taken by people with diabetes to regulate their blood sugar. In a video posted to YouTube four years ago, he decried how dangerous the hormone can be if you're not careful. Still, he uses it for muscle growth all the same.

"The thing is, insulin works," he said, according to The Sun. "It definitely works and does what is supposed to do. And it is dangerous, but as long as you know what you are doing, everything can be fine. If you know what you are doing it is not dangerous, as long as you are taking the sugar which is necessary to match up the insulin you are taken."

Bodybuilders take insulin because it works like an undetectable form of steroids. Could it be that Piana died suddenty at 46-years-old from the same thing that he warned about?

Fitness expert Matt Fiddes alleges — baselessly, I might add, as the medical examiner has not finalized the cause of death — that Piana's sudden death in August at the age of 46 could have been due to insulin. Fiddes' theory is that Piana didn't consume enough sugar after taking insulin.

“He would naturally take a pre-workout and then get to the photo shoot, do some press ups, some curls, get his body in condition and then come home,” Fiddes said to The Daily Star. “They have to eat enough sugar to balance the insulin just like a diabetic would, otherwise they will go into a coma and die. If the photoshoot dragged on a little bit he may not have eaten enough sugars to balance what insulin he would have taken."

It's true that insulin is on the rise in the bodybuilding scene, according to a 2012 study. But is it possible Piana died from taking it?

Sure, it's possible, but insulin deaths are pretty rare. A study published in the International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics found that the vast majority, 89.4%, of insulin-related deaths were deliberate suicides. Piana's death happened suddenly while his girlfriend Chanel Jansen was giving him a haircut.

Taking insulin unless you're diabetic is not a good plan. If you want something to boost your workout, try one of these pre-workout supplements instead.

Ask The Big Question
Why are people speculating when they don't know more than the medical examiner?

Drop This Fact
Piana took anabolic steroids for more than 30 years.

The news source for this was: https://www.askmen.com/news/sports/...rich-piana-died-from-an-insulin-overdose.html

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Interesting read! Thanks for posting! I hope we do find out eventually what happened to Rich Piana.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

As per the report from his girlfriend at the scene. It sounds more like a massive stroke or heart attack.

HorrorT

HorrorT

I'm with zilla! I think he had a heart attack

C

CRC1276

Yeah I would find it hard to believe if slin in fact did take him out. He was far from a newbe to this life and guys taking slin for years definitely know what their doing.

C

CRC1276

Yeah if you take way too much. But that’s usually someone that just wants to take themselves out or someone trying to kill them lol

C

CRC1276

What happened to Rich could have been many factors. Let’s face it, while I love Anabolics and what they do, taking them for years and taking high doses has its effect.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he lucky he live so long. it catches up.

C

CRC1276

It definitely does. I wish it didn’t but it’s a fact. That’s why it’s important to pay attention to bloods and always get them. And come off at times.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

I watched the video where Chanel was describing what happened and he was awake and getting his hair cut. He slumped forward and then he fell backward with his eyes wide open.

HorrorT

HorrorT

With the amount of money he had!! I know he had his own doctor he bragged about his script hgh and des 1 so he had to have his blood checked all the time!! Idk why if something was wrong why did his doc see it or maybe rich ignored it?

Drealdeal

Drealdeal

MuscleMecca Sponsors
Sponsor
Me too...Rich was an expert on his body's chemistry he was often seen bringin his meals ,shakes and even protein cookies w him everywhere i think he would havve been more than prepared for a time consuming photoshoot and if he wasnt Rich did not seem shy or hush mouthed he woulda said..."i need some sugars for my slin Dammit!, rite babe?!" all joke aside my opininion is that he had a heart attack.... But it was a good article and a possibility in some cases .

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Me too...Rich was an expert on his body's chemistry he was often seen bringin his meals ,shakes and even protein cookies w him everywhere i think he would havve been more than prepared for a time consuming photoshoot and if he wasnt Rich did not seem shy or hush mouthed he woulda said..."i need some sugars for my slin Dammit!, rite babe?!" all joke aside my opininion is that he had a heart attack.... But it was a good article and a possibility in some cases .
insulin can cause it

Torres

Torres

I think he prob did have a heart attack , but again only time will tell, and that's if they release the information !!!

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is all speculation unless someone makes the facts known publically.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We will probably needed know. RIP Rich.