• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What is the most difficult muscle to build?

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

[h=1]What is the most difficult muscle to build?[/h]

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At my age of 62, it is the abdominal muscles that is the most difficult to build because the tummy naturally sags when you grow old. I have noticed that even if I added some exercise to my routine workout, my abs still have that bulge no matter how small. One trainer said that the sagging tummy is the result of age and the only remedy you can do is to adapt the posture of always stomach in. Now I am learning that trick of straight posture so the abs will be stretched and avoid to bulge.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My abdominal muscles took me close to 3 months of constant training before it became firm. I was thinking that it would be sooner but it was not as I thought, even though I was happy that it later manifested but it was down to hard work and, commitment and dedication to my workout drills that led me to achieve that success.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, those abs seem like a very hard muscle to get toned up, but you should shed the fat from the entire body because spot reduction or losing that fat from a specific area is not possible. You need a healthy diet and exercise program for that. The hardest muscle area of the body to tone or build is the calf area though, because calf muscles are the farthest major muscle group from the heart, so it takes more time and pressure to get blood to and from the calf.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, those abs seem like a very hard muscle to get toned up, but you should shed the fat from the entire body because spot reduction or losing that fat from a specific area is not possible. You need a healthy diet and exercise program for that. The hardest muscle area of the body to tone or build is the calf area though, because calf muscles are the farthest major muscle group from the heart, so it takes more time and pressure to get blood to and from the calf.

You certainly have a good point in saying that the best way to develop some muscle in the body is to workout on losing fat all over the body and then work on developing the specific muscle that you desire to build up. Abs are seriously hard to drill out especially if your belly muscles are too weak but with consistency in workout, they will certainly come.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

In my case, my abs. I've been trying for years to have a sculpted-like six-pack and as of this date still fails. On the bright side, unless I am trying to enter a bodybuilding competition, there is no good reason for me to get that lean. If given the option - to have abs or to be healthy, I'll choose the latter.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my case, my abs. I've been trying for years to have a sculpted-like six-pack and as of this date still fails. On the bright side, unless I am trying to enter a bodybuilding competition, there is no good reason for me to get that lean. If given the option - to have abs or to be healthy, I'll choose the latter.

Try taking your mind off from seeing the abs coming out immediately from working out for a while. Just see it as a normal exercise routine for you and enjoy exercising and before you will realize what's happening, the abs will begin to pop up. But when you keep checking it out on daily basis, it will be as if there is no impact the drills are having on your body.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For abs is mostly diet. Exercise alone will never do it.

T

thestevenman

Most people I know are struggling with abs.. LOL and I am not even near somewhere.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For abs is mostly diet. Exercise alone will never do it.

You have made a very good point about what is very essential to developing abs and I completely agree with you on it. It's true that with lots of pranks, crunches wall sit and press up can help one with abs development but even with all these exercises and you still don't take care of what you eat, it is going to take ages before you would be able to develop abs.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One more question. Does taking an excessive amount of beer makes your belly bulge? I heard this a lot before, saying beer can make your tummy fat, but I am not sure.

Some people call this a myth but I beg to differ because it's 100% true that too much consumption of beers would make one's belly to bulge and push out like a pregnant woman. There are so many men here in my country that have such kind of belly and they all take excessive beers. It's not a healthy lifestyle.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Some people call this a myth but I beg to differ because it's 100% true that too much consumption of beers would make one's belly to bulge and push out like a pregnant woman. There are so many men here in my country that have such kind of belly and they all take excessive beers. It's not a healthy lifestyle.

But it can also be other things like not working out or not doing enough physical activities daily. It may have nothing to do with drinking beer after all. Besides, beer drinkers are often people who spend their time all day sitting on the couch watching their favorite sports on TV right? Forgive me for being too direct and insensitive.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

But it can also be other things like not working out or not doing enough physical activities daily. It may have nothing to do with drinking beer after all. Besides, beer drinkers are often people who spend their time all day sitting on the couch watching their favorite sports on TV right? Forgive me for being too direct and insensitive.

The truth is that we all have our individual different lifestyle we engage in and they are all directly impacting on how we appear with or without exercises or workouts. If one leads a bad lifestyle with bad habits, it's definitely going to have it's stamps on outward look of the person.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

The truth is that we all have our individual different lifestyle we engage in and they are all directly impacting on how we appear with or without exercises or workouts. If one leads a bad lifestyle with bad habits, it's definitely going to have it's stamps on outward look of the person.

I couldn't agree more. By the way, I am doing the planking exercises for almost two months now, and I am delighted with the results. I lost about 3 inches on my waist, and now I can wear my old pants again. Thanks to this forum!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I couldn't agree more. By the way, I am doing the planking exercises for almost two months now, and I am delighted with the results. I lost about 3 inches on my waist, and now I can wear my old pants again. Thanks to this forum!

Haha, well when you workout on a consistent basis, you are definitely going to be seeing the results in your body. This is exactly what you just noticed with your old wears/pants now being able to fit and size your body once more. Keep up the workout and you will still witness more positive results.

Good luck.