• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What is plyometric cardio?

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been thinking about switching things up and I want to add more cardio to my work out. I am interested in plyometric cardio. What do you guys know about it?

Basically is is this.
These exercises typically involve jumping and rebounding, and incorporate cardiovascular and toning exercises into one. Warm up for at least 10 minutes before a plyometric workout, with activities such as rope jumping.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I used to skip rope well years back but I gave up on it a little while. It's a very good cardiovascular exercise and it helps to build one's fitness.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My favorite plyometric exercise was always vertical jumps with ankle weights on, and this was a exercise I would do to improve my jumping albility for basketball. This works the muscles you use to jump with, including thighs, glutes, and calves as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My favorite plyometric exercise was always vertical jumps with ankle weights on, and this was a exercise I would do to improve my jumping albility for basketball. This works the muscles you use to jump with, including thighs, glutes, and calves as well.

After my last ankle sprain, I stopped any adding any weight on my ankle when I train. It's not that I'm not properly healed from the injury but I'm more scared of having my ankle injured again.