• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Developing hernia due to too much lifting

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I recently had noticed my hernia coming back. Maybe it is because of the push-ups I was doing. From the regular 20 to 25 reps, I increased it to 40 and I was aiming to do 50 every day. But after a few days in the level of 40 reps, that hernia emerged. I had the hernia when I was young and it seemed to have healed itself. I am sharing this experience for others to learn that your body may not be capable of handling too much stress and may cause hernia. In other words, heavy workout is not for everyone.

K

Kins

If done correctly anyone can workout "heavy". Of course "heavy" is a relative term. Push-ups aren't really something I'd consider heavy. You can really increase resistance much at all with body weight exercises. After awhile it's just cardio.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be honest with you, I'm the kind of person that have a strong phobia going under the knife even if it's for just appendix or hernia surgery. It scares the death out of me. Fortunately enough for me, my appendix haven't had any needs to be operated on but I nearly had a case with hernia one particular day we were filling up our bad road with rubbles. I tried to carry one big rock and I felt a sharp pain around my grion region. As I already have the knowledge of where hernia affects people, I knew right away it's my sign to stop.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, these sports hernia's can occur because of an injury to a muscle, tendons, or ligaments in the groin area. Rapid turning and twisting movements of the body and a sudden change of direction can cause strain or a tear, in muscle or soft tissue. The hernia usually improves with some rest though- you might need some physical therapy to strengthen the abdominal muscles though.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, these sports hernia's can occur because of an injury to a muscle, tendons, or ligaments in the groin area. Rapid turning and twisting movements of the body and a sudden change of direction can cause strain or a tear, in muscle or soft tissue. The hernia usually improves with some rest though- you might need some physical therapy to strengthen the abdominal muscles though.

If you pull a muscle in sensitive part of your body especially around your groin region, it's definitely going to result to hernia injury and it's such a nasty injury because of the location of the injury.

I haven't suffered hernia injury and I try everything in my power to prevent myself from falling a victim to hernia injury when playing soccer.