• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Thyroid enhancement

R

remnant

Banned
The thyroid gland controls metabolic rate and poor diet or artificial starvation can result in lethargy during training and exercise. Two key minerals concerned are iodine and selenium which can be found in seafood like fish and oysters. The latter should not be taken in excess since it can result in the opposite effect. Any good plant sources of selenium?

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Selenium is a trace mineral, that said, we don't need it in a big quantity. You can find it almost anywhere - rice, broccoli, sunflower seeds... etc ... no fish or shells are necessary and in the case a person is allergic to such it is easily found in many other things.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If it is indeed the thyroid that’s causing the metabolism to speed up or to slow down then I guess it is big money if we can find a way to control the thyroid. Since herbal treatments are now the fashion, I agree that plant sources should be discovered because they are safe and no problem with overdose. But I will take note that seafood is good for the thyroid that it can give a good effect with the metabolism.