• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Warm up prevents sports injury

R

remnant

Banned
Warm up is the best way to prevent sports injury second to using protective equipment. It should be done gradually and then increasing the tempo over a period of 5 - 10 minutes. Its hard to develop muscle cramps

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I never warm in in 'ordinary way'. I do yoga instead and I can say it is a great way to start the exercise.
Not because I will do anything excessively demanding but because my everyday routine makes me stiff like a piece of wood so I need regain my flexibility to start any kind of an exercise.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My friend who is overweight suffered from a torn quadriceps and had to be confined in the house for weeks. That is to give the injury time to heal itself. And that's all because he engaged in a workout without the benefit of a warm up. He posted in Facebook his doctor's advice the importance of warm up even for non athletes and especially those who have no regular exercise.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

My friend who is overweight suffered from a torn quadriceps and had to be confined in the house for weeks. That is to give the injury time to heal itself. And that's all because he engaged in a workout without the benefit of a warm up. He posted in Facebook his doctor's advice the importance of warm up even for non athletes and especially those who have no regular exercise.

Overweight or not, some people really think into their heads that they can do whatever and never experience any difficulties.
I can only imagine what that chubby was doing....

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Warm up is the best way to prevent sports injury second to using protective equipment. It should be done gradually and then increasing the tempo over a period of 5 - 10 minutes. Its hard to develop muscle cramps

Whenever I'm doing something that needs flexibility, and power, from swimming, cycling and any kind of exercise, I always take time to warm up my body. It's a common mistake not to warm-up thinking that everything would be ok in doing something strenuous without warming the body first and thus suffering the consequences of having cramps in different places, torn ligament, and other injuries.

Warming up will let you recognize any injuries and illnesses you have and will help you prevent injuring yourself more. A warm-up will increase your blood flow making the muscles more flexible, it also increases the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to your muscles.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Over the years, my Warmup Techniques have changed.
It use to be that I would start my Weight Lifting at a Low Weight, and gradually increase the Weight.

Now as I've gotten older, I do Dynamic Stretching for around 10 to 15 Minutes.
Followed by 8 rounds of HIIT Cardio, only takes around another 4 Minutes.

Then I go to my Regular Lifting Routine, starting Light and working up to my Working Sets for that day.
And if I just don't feel like I have the Energy and Strength to do what is planned for that day.
I'll switch it up in the middle of my workout.
You have to Listen to your Body, especially as you get Older, if not, you'll spend more time Injured, than Training...…………….. JP

Reactions: TalkAdmin